Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warmonger Levels

o0oSynthetico0o

Hello everyone.

Today I felt the need to discuss a topic that Fohawks brought up over our mumble last night while playing some Warframe with our buddies. Basically it involves the Mastery Ranking system. The current system is fine for those that love to try new weapons and frames, they can level them up from scratch and earn points. But what about those that wish to keep leveling they're Mastery points, but have already found a niche, and don't really want to use any other weapon or frame? My suggestion is simple.

1) Allow players who use a Forma on a weapon or frame to acquire more Mastery points for releveling that weapon or frame, but at 1/2 the current rate for gaining Mastery. So it would be much slower than just leveling a new frame or weapon, but you would still be making some progress. 

2) "Warmonger Levels"

This in my mind could be a similar system to Diablo 3's Paragon Leveling system. Add an exp bar to all max level weapons and frames it doesn't need to show any numbers other than the current progress towards the next level, the item still would stay at level 30 (so nothing is actually getting any stronger), but open up the opportunity to gain some Mastery off of a max level frame or weapon, even at four or five times the current rate for fresh weapons. or frames, sentinels etc (the slower the better). That way people who just love a certain playstyle and don't really want to switch it up, can still have a chance and make some progress too.

Thanks guys.

no lol, if mastery rank gets added through forma , it's a complete unfair, sounds exploitary, people can simply spam formas after farming them and re-level those weapons easily and all. it's not good idea for adding formas on weapons or frames, it's best everyone should try using new stuff, so that, the experience would be different and it will be challenging and fun and such things like that. 

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

topic starter. in 2.0 system it really doesn't matter what your MR is and what weapon you are using.

Difference between Mk-1 Braton and MR 6 Synapse is very little on a base of general gameplay. And on higher level of mobs it really doesn't matter what weapon you are using because all of them are equally useless.

Before this update MR and MR restrictions were at some point a farce. Now with current damage system MR and MR restrictions is a obvious farce.

although you idea looks like a nice one, in current state of the game it makes little sense.

Also: no, no mastery through forma.

1- No, just imagine a guy with 10 forma weapons and nothing else. You used all your time leveling crappy weapons while he did all that in a couple of days, and he's able to do 10 times more damage than you. Unfair and it ruins the whole game mechanic(being forced to use and addapt to all weapons, even when they're crappy).

2- Diablo 3 paragon system was a stupid fix because people leveled up to quickly to max level and there where no more content. They increased leveling dificulty and added that stupid system for you to grind infinitely. Every single person I know left diablo 3 because of that stupid system. They're trying to fix it with "paragon 2.0", but the damage is already done, the truth is that paragon system doesn't add anything to the game.

I think this is a great idea - I for one only like two warframes, and have very little interest in trying out the rest.  However, I always feel the need for progression, and I feel like I am "wasting" time when I hop on my main and get through some of the levels. 

The MR restrictions on weapons that I would like to try out are a hindrance for people like me, who prefer to stick with one or two frames.  Why should gamers feel pigeon-holed into creating/leveling up every frame in order to attain a sense of progression?

A sense of progression is important for a lot of players, and I think there is something to be said if you could gain Mastery Points from forma'd

weapons, and at least feel like you are making meaningful progression in some way.  It makes max level frames feel like they are still progressing your account in same way.

1- No, just imagine a guy with 10 forma weapons and nothing else. You used all your time leveling crappy weapons while he did all that in a couple of days, and he's able to do 10 times more damage than you. Unfair and it ruins the whole game mechanic(being forced to use and addapt to all weapons, even when they're crappy).

2- Diablo 3 paragon system was a stupid fix because people leveled up to quickly to max level and there where no more content. They increased leveling dificulty and added that stupid system for you to grind infinitely. Every single person I know left diablo 3 because of that stupid system. They're trying to fix it with "paragon 2.0", but the damage is already done, the truth is that paragon system doesn't add anything to the game.

Okay, how is it "unfair" and how does it "ruin the whole game mechanic"? It's not like these mastery points wouldn't be available for YOU as well, it would apply to EVERYONE.  And you seemingly admit that being forced to adapt to weapons is part of this game, and its unfair that you had to go through the pain of leveling "crappy" weapons if other people don't have to.

This is a nonsensical argument and holds no merit.  My grandparents walked to school everyday, and because they had a crappy time walking through the snow and rain, uphill both ways, the future generations should do the same.  Essentially, you're saying you suffered through the pain of having to level crappy weapons, therefore all people should.

My point is, IF levelin crappy weapons was not particularly FUN for you, why not take that compenent OUT of a game that is supposed to be FUN?

This while simultaneously being able to feel progress on your account without being forced to try out frames/weapons you have no interest in.

topic starter. in 2.0 system it really doesn't matter what your MR is and what weapon you are using.

Difference between Mk-1 Braton and MR 6 Synapse is very little on a base of general gameplay. And on higher level of mobs it really doesn't matter what weapon you are using because all of them are equally useless.

Before this update MR and MR restrictions were at some point a farce. Now with current damage system MR and MR restrictions is a obvious farce.

although you idea looks like a nice one, in current state of the game it makes little sense.

Also: no, no mastery through forma.

Simply stating "no, no mastery through forma" is a conclusory opinion with no backing.  Why not?? How would it affect gameplay? What negative drawbacks would there be? 

When someone suggests an idea, its completely valid to have an opnion, but to dismiss it entirely without any reason whatsoever is a poor use of this mechanism from which we share ideas to make this game better.  Check yourself.

+1 all the way. I would absolutely love this change.

no lol, if mastery rank gets added through forma , it's a complete unfair, sounds exploitary, people can simply spam formas after farming them and re-level those weapons easily and all. it's not good idea for adding formas on weapons or frames, it's best everyone should try using new stuff, so that, the experience would be different and it will be challenging and fun and such things like that. 

Could you please elaborate? How is it unfair? And how is it easier to re-level a weapon, compared to leveling a new one? Granted, polarities will eventually let you put mods quicker, but to be fair, that's a negligible advantage when you consider that you need to find the forma. While i agree people should be encouraged to try new things, I disagree that they should be discouraged from playing the thing they love the most. i could understand earning progressively less master for each new forma added, but even that doesn't seem necessary, to me.