The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift to DE/Warframe community: proto-nidus/heirloom nidus idea (my thank you to warframe)

Jameslagucki

Dear DE and the Warframe community,

My name is James, I’m 15 and I’m a huge fan of Warframe and DE, the game is practically my childhood and I wanted to give something to the community as a thank you. So I did the only thing I could actually do for the community that im sort of good at (though my talent is yet to be decided), I made two posts on Reddit that are basically what I think would be the best concept ideas for a  proto-nidus and a heirloom nidus, I thought that if I could make a good idea/concept that DE and the community liked, I would have completed my mission. To my surprise the people of Reddit actually liked my ideas, so I wanted to see how the warframe forums would think of these, and I wanted to share my interpretation of nidus’s future should or could be (and as a nidus-main that knows pretty much everything about nidus lore and gameplay), I feel I can make a satisfying story for nidus and with it, give back to the community I love. Before I begin I’m going to talk about some heavy stuff, so if anyone is dealing with things or can’t really read that kind of stuff, do not read the rest. The reason why I’m talking about this is because I think this would suit the character well, as well as the orokin because well…let’s just say there not open to things that are different, so I don’t want people putting bad labels on me or something because I will reply “well…that’s the orokin for you” (also these things can be toned down for the game if necessary). So without further ado let’s begin with proto-nidus (if you want to see my heirloom nidus post on here, look up “Gift to DE/Warframe community: heirloom nidus idea”).

So first let’s start with his background: For starters, I think they should make proto-nidus black or basically a mixture between white mother and black father/a soft brown (I think it’s a beautiful skin color and there is a specific reason for this) because I always saw nidus being black in someway because one, the orokin sound like people who would do a black guy this dirty (mind you they did something equally worse with jade) and two, I think it would be cool if this person was a technocyte researcher, but was betrayed by the orokin because they thought he was an “abomination” or an “infection” because he was black or because of they should not exist (basically a white orokin woman and a black common person should not have a baby together).This could also be used for proto-nidus as well, but maybe with a few small details changed (heck he could be the one that was used to make the other proto-frames or start the infested growth in 1999).

Next is his personality: I feel his personality would be interesting, he once was a happy father and husband and brilliant scientist who liked to work alone or in a small group (reference to how nidus is usually a solo survival frame), now after everything, being experimented on and his family missing (dead or just missing? Depends if you want a twist or not), he has become silent and kept to himself so he doesn’t snap and when you see into his eyes they show a lot of pain and fear behind them (but he still cares for the people around him, his friends) and he is also trying to hold back his infested side or him trying to reason with it (and yes this “other side” of him would have its own personality, like a more twisted version of venom). I also feel that he sound be in pain every time he mutates (I say this because of the sound effects of his abilities, specifically his 4th) his skin cracking, his bones morphing, mutation bursting out. Then when he mutates his other half takes over growling and drooling as he rips the enemy’s apart, and becomes the apex predator.

His appearance: This part is very easy to answer because there is already a great image for proto-nidus, I wish I could draw it myself but well…I’m not good lol. There’s nothing I would change except the skin color and face shape, also maybe when he mutates, his mouth gets wider with sharp teeth and a split jaw (Twitter link for proto-nidus image https://x.com/perttibahaaN/status/1809372225578910013?t=iRMqFnB0IyrIjz7L6u7Rmw&s=19).

Now finally how he interacts with the others: this is an interesting one because of how infested and dangerous he is, I would feel that he would get along with proto-volt because he would probably see past the mutation and try to cheer proto-nidus up with games and conversations. Proto-nyx would be the one in the group that would either be very fearful of him or very concerned about what he is going through everyday proto-cyte 09 would probably not trust him and would probably shot him if nidus did something “wrong”, as for the rest of the proto-frames that were revealed I honestly don’t know. However I feel like proto-saryn would see him as an enemy (reference to what saryn was made for in the lore: killing infested) but as they work together more and more they become a couple with each of them helping each other and balancing each other (yin and yang).

Now there are some stuff that I’m missing from this like his weapons and the name of the person, so I’ll explain that here: for the weapons specifically they do not matter as much but they must be infested and for his name, well this could be anything DE decides, but if this does make it into the game, I kind of hope DE names him after me James Jones. If they do this I will be the happiest person alive and would feel like I did something and left a mark on this great community.

Edited by Jameslagucki

Posted (edited)

If you guys like my work, comment and share this post with people, and maybe/hopefully DE will see and like my idea (who knows, maybe even respond in someway 🤞🙏).

Also, if you want more stuff like this, tell me what you would like to see.

Edited by Jameslagucki

• Jameslagucki changed the title to Gift to DE/Warframe community: proto-nidus/heirloom nidus idea (re-upload)

Now let’s begin with heirloom nidus

So first let’s start with his background: For starters, “far away in the void of space, in the depths of the blackness and the wells of stars there sits and abandoned orokin derelict rotting and morphing in deimos’s atmosphere, but it seems different. Sure it’s not rare to see an orokin derelict in this much disrepair, but this one…ohhh this one you can feel that the infestation isn’t the only thing that has a hold on this abandoned husk of a derelict. Within the depths of the derelict, it gets even more strange: halls of teeth and bone, the smell of death and rot invades the air, and infestation on every surface. However even that’s not normal, there were no enemies in the entire ship, making the ship deadly quiet. Also the infestation on other derelicts is usually a shade grey and is a hard structure, but here…it turned anti-matter white and has now a slimy and wet morphing and constantly moving structure. The gleaming gold on the derelict were drained of there color (turning jet black) and mixed with the infestation in a contorted dance. There is a room in the hollow heart of the derelict and within the room lies popped cysts and and a floor eaten by some kind of chemical. Inside there is a figure trapped in an infested cocoon trying to get free, then it popped out from the cocoon and fell on its knees. It was…a nidus warframe?! Now after years of dormancy, it has absorbed the surrounding infested and the environment and somehow regained some of its human form. However like everything else with the infestation, nothing is ever that easy: it’s body was muscular and skinless, it has slippery and wet flesh with tendrils crawling and slithering throughout its entire body, its arms and legs muscular yet boney, moving and morphing, with tendrils throughout the skin, and long boney fingers. Long spikes (once were its spine) pierce through its raw flesh, and its face….its face was almost human, but it had no eyes, nose, hair,ears, or even a mouth. Instead its eyes where covered by flap covering, a vacant hole sat where its nose was, its hair replaced with a crown of what looked like moving spider legs (signa), and its ears and mouth was just gone, it had no mouth and yet it wanted to scream. As it realized what had happened, it tried to speak but it couldn’t, but then something happened, something….horrific happened. Its body started to mutate: sharp bones came out of its fingers and toes (making claws),its arms and legs peeled open with countless flaps, revealing sparkling green fluid running through its body, on its right shoulder and its left knee, huge spikes of bone punctured through its skin. Then, its body split down the middle, opening up like a mouth to see organs and bone moving and contorting, covered in the same green fluid. After this gruesome sight, the flaps on its face opened up, revealing millions of green cysts replacing its eyes and the part of its face were the jaw once was….split, flesh tore apart showing an unhinged jaw with millions of sharp teeth and the jaw was split but was connected by a web-like material. Then finally, after the sounds stopped it made a different sound, a voice: “SOMEONE….HELP US”, it sounded like a kids voice and with that, green energy came from its gapping maw, but not just any energy, it was a variant of…void energy? This was never before seen: it looks like an operator (trapped in the warframe), was a absorbed into the warframe, and intern changed how to infestation looked and acted, and the green liquid was once the blood of the Tenno (or warframe), but now was transformed into a acidic sparkling green chemical because of the void energy inside the Tenno. People still say that he still it’s in that orokin derelict, others think he somehow escaped, no matter who is right one thing is certain: he will return, and his wraith and pain will be feared though out the system.”

His appearance: So as you can tell I thought a lot about his appearance, so his body is muscular and big but also looks boney and malnourished, his chest would have a split down the middle and millions of teeth (like a Venus flytrap). Its skin (or in this case flesh) has flaps (these flaps look like the flaps on a death angel in the quiet place) on the entire warframe from head to toe, the flesh morphs and changes like liquid (and kind of like a venom symbiote), its arms muscular, big, and long, with long stubby fingers. Its legs are the same as the arms (but with the legs and toes). Its spine looks like a normal spine (but a little malnourished), and his skull is shaped like a human skull, his face has flaps (again like the death angels), a vacant hole where his nose once was, no ears, and no mouth.

When mutated: all the flaps on his body open (same way as the death angels) revealing sparkling green liquid running throughout his body, his chest splits open, showing the ribs, lungs, heart and lots of other things, with big tendrils that look like hands pop out once in a while (custom animation). It’s skin would move more quickly and expand a little more (making him look bigger), with the entire warframe covered in small tendrils with hands on his entire body that grow, fade back into the body, than it repeats (they all don’t go back into the body at the same time, each of them pops and goes back at there own random times). Sharp bone claws come through the fingers and toes (splitting them in the process). Green cysts grow on the palms of his hands and on his left shoulder/right knee, sharp spikes burst from his right shoulder/left knee. The spin grows sharper and longer, piercing his skin, the flaps on his his head/face open, but instead of the insides, the flaps reveal millions of cysts in replacement for the eyes, moving and pulsating. Then finally the part of the face where his mouth is supposed to be forcefully opens, ripping the flesh and forming an unhinged that is split but barely connected by a web-like  material (also has a tongue with a small 4 jaw mouth).

Now the signa and the color: the signa was hard but I thought a crown made up of moving deformed fingers that move like spider legs or snakes. For the color scheme of the heirloom, I chose white,black, and pure sparkling infested green. The white would cover the main body, the black would cover the metallic parts and the other parts of the body, and the green would be on the cysts, the insides, and a little bit on bones coming out of the skin (like blood). The reason why I choose these colors is because of what the represent: the white is supposed to be referencing the white horseman of the apocalypse, pestilence, also it makes this infestation different than the others. The black represents the lack of a gilded body (how gold turned to black), how the Tenno lost there body and it’s also a good contrast to white. Green represents how the infestation and void/tenno mixed, the acid is sparkling because of the void within nidus but it’s green because of the toxicity of the infestation making sparkling green blood.

Anyways what do you guys think? do you feel like this should be in the game? If so leave a comment and show/share this post to DE and anywhere else.

DE, you have changed me life you created a place where I could belong and made a community that is so helpful and great, I really hope you see this so you know how you changed me and I hope you add this to the game so I can give you and the community a proper thank you.

That’s all Tenno, and remember to dream, not of what you are, but on who you want to be.

With love: James

• Jameslagucki changed the title to Gift to DE/Warframe community: proto-nidus/heirloom nidus idea (my thank you to warframe)