The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Standing loss for enemy Syndicates is uncapped for Duviri missions

jefari

Running Steel Path Circuit the host left midway through and caused a host migration.

Upon loading back in I spawned at the start of the previous stage as the drifter, and was then teleported to the next stage, but due to being forced into the warframe a few bugs occured.

1. I could not do anything except move. No sliding, no abilities, no melee, no transference, no jumping, etc. I could revive, which was the only upside to this bug (new meta? immortal ressing)
  2. I was effectively immortal. Upon receiving a set amount of damage I would go into the Duviri Drifter down animation, and then immediately revive.
  3. My syndicate standing was somehow affected. I ended up losing about 150k standing with Arbiters of Hexis and Suda, despite being pledged to Suda during the mission.

I have shadowplay so I clipped a few bits of gameplay. Unfortunately I was not able to catch the initial host migration that caused the bug.

Note: The Standing loss displayed on the mission progress screen is not a graphical bug. After extraction I actually lost rep and was demoted to rank 4 in Hexis and Suda. I also gained rep with New Loka and Red Veil

This occurred July 28th 2024, about an hour after the weekly reset.

• Like 1

Basically, it seems as though when earning standing in Duviri, you can go BELOW the maximum daily cap for enemy syndicates, resulting in substantial losses for no gain.

Here is a video of this happening in action. Apologies for the long pauses, as I was in a seperate Voicechat with my squadmates at the time and simply back-recorded the issue.

As you can see, despite only earning 13,439 standing for my current syndicate (Hexis), I lost 67,892 for the enemy syndicate (Veil). (I am already at Minimum standing with Perrin, hence why they are not present in the Mission End screen.)

Obviously this goes way below my daily standing cap of 33,000, and has caused me to drop from ~30,000 standing at Rank 5 with Veil to about 60k at Rank 4.

While I am not 100% certain this is a Duviri exclusive bug, I have seen other non-bug reporting threads on the forums that mentioned this from as far back as Dante Unbound that refer to a Circuit run, and honestly, I have no interest in intentionally triggering this issue to burn my standing for the sake of a bug report.

I may raise this issue with Warframe Support to see if they can refund me the 54,453 standing I incorrectly lost, however I am not going to be too bothered if they can't. This is also part of the reason I do not intend to persue this bug.

@jefari & @(PSN)Umbrellie Does one of you remember what was happening right before or during the Host Migration?

Our team went through of a number of different Host Migration variation but were not able to repro so far. There may be a specific factor we are missing in our attempts.

Any additional info on what happened pre or during Host Migration might help.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-08-06 at 1:29 PM, [DE]Purzzle said:

@jefari & @(PSN)Umbrellie Does one of you remember what was happening right before or during the Host Migration?

Our team went through of a number of different Host Migration variation but were not able to repro so far. There may be a specific factor we are missing in our attempts.

Thanks!

@[DE]Purzzle I seem to remember being downed right before I happened.

I usually switch to operator and use void mode to select decrees right after they're awarded for completing the stage. However sometimes it doesn't work and I get downed as operator and then downed in the frame.

So from what I remember the sequence of events went something like this:

1. Stage 1 is completed, host chooses to extract
  2. Shortly before the host migration I get downed, then we are transported to the start of Stage 2
  3. Host migration occurs
  4. I load back in at the spawn area of Stage 1, then am quickly teleported to Stage 2 area
  5. This is where the bug occurs and I'm locked out of basically every action

I should have clipped it with shadowplay the moment it happened. Alas I waited to catch the rest of the bug in the same clip, and the recording window expired.

On 2024-08-06 at 8:29 PM, [DE]Purzzle said:

Thanks!

Apologies for the extremely late reply, I stepped away from Warframe for a little while (not directly because of this bug, dont worry lol) and forgot to check in on this post.

To my knowledge, I didn't have a Host Migration at all. In the video I attached to my reply (quoted below for convenience), we can see that my Squadmate Silansi was the Host, and we stayed together for the entire duration as we were in a Discord call as we all farmed some resources and the Arcane/Clamp Portals.

On 2024-07-31 at 1:25 AM, (PSN)Umbrellie said:

My addition to this report was more to do with the Standing loss aspect than it was the Loss of function due to Host Migrations, if that is relevant to your investigations, as that is the title of the report after all.

As far as I can remember however, the only abnormal thing that happened during this entire run is that we originally had a 4th Member of the squad who, for whatever reason, repeatedly lost connection and had to rejoin the squad via the prompt. However, we chalked this up to them playing on a Switch console with at best a mediocre connection quality, as opposed to a game-specific issue. Also, they were located in North America whereas Silansi (the host) and myself were both in Britain.