The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Objects and parts of tilesets lack basic lighting, appearing as black.

Can't exactly pinpoint when this happened (probably since the big lighting changes a few updates ago), but there are elements in certain tilesets that lack any basic lighting unless directly stricken by a non-static light source (such as an arrow, or a glowing projectile).

The objects themselves aren't textureless, since they can clearly be seen once lit (by something like Nataruk's arrows or the Arcas Plasmor/Tenet Spirex's projectiles), albeit momentarily.

It's a relatively minor thing, though present in many tilesets, and since I'm a very big fan of Warframe's art direction in general, so seeing such a simple bug ruin many scenarios' ambience is a little heartbreaking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-08-23 at 7:18 PM, RitaSanderson said:

Same, i have a couple of screenshots (from Mars and Uranus tilesets, also seen it happening in Void tileset and the labs)

Hide contents

5UUwzHc.jpegIY9QeAA.jpeg8WF0oLy.jpeg

I've seen these, though the one tileset I've seen it most was Earth during my replay of the New War (leading up to 1999).

Have screenshots of those (including a tunnel that was almost completely black, save for a couple rocks), but haven't the slightest idea of how to actually upload images here.