The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe low resolution textures on max settings glitch

I don't exactly know when this started but for a while now I have been dealing with a situation where my warframe will go into a low poly form after a cutscene of getting in or out of the Orbiter. I don't know if anyone else is having a similar issue but the only way I have found that can fix it for a short while is to change my game from Borderless fullscreen to something else and then back to it (Fyi it happens in fullscreen and Windowed mode as well). I need help finding a more permanent change so I don't have to keep switching my Display modes.

Before switching Display Modes7WAAYQK.png?ex=66cbcf38&is=66ca7db8&hm=7
bEGQzc0.png?ex=66cbcebc&is=66ca7d3c&hm=6QPFCfA9.png?ex=66cbce01&is=66ca7c81&hm=1After Switching Display modes
uemPHlz.png?ex=66cbcfcf&is=66ca7e4f&hm=6gJag5fY.png?ex=66cbcffc&is=66ca7e7c&hm=6AFFAZDr.png?ex=66cbcf9c&is=66ca7e1c&hm=bHopefully there is a setting that can be changed to fix this, thanks in advance everyone!

To clarify, it can be ANY cutscene, I just specified those ones because they happen most commonly

Posted (edited)

It seems to be happening with anything player related
THERE ARE SPOILER IMAGES TO THE STORY AHEAD DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE SPOILED

Spoiler

KfKuwxw.png?ex=66cbd18d&is=66ca800d&hm=5

Edited by GodIceBolt
didnt wanna spoil anyone of the story

31 minutes ago, GodIceBolt said:

there wasnt a regular bug report area

There is one, right here: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1894-general/

34 minutes ago, GodIceBolt said:

will go into a low poly form after a cutscene of getting in or out of the Orbiter

The textures appear to be loading in low-res is what's happening, the poly count of the model remains unchanged. The game normally streams in low-res assets first as a placeholder and then loads high-res ones while running and swaps them in; I don't have this issue (nor do a lot of players or it'd be reported en masse) so I presume it's something specific to your settings. My first guess would be maybe it's DLSS shenanigans since I see it in the screenshot, but you'd have to do some config testing to see what specifically is causing it. I know in borderless windowed mode I have to set the scaling to "native" or it makes everything extremely blurry, and I also have to disable dynamic resolution for similar reasons (since it seems to prefer reducing visuals vs just running at higher clock speeds, even when hardware can support it just fine).

It's called "Window Scaling Mode" under Display settings - it has two options, "Scaled" and "Native". If you're running at native res already, I'd switch it to native. It seems to have weird issues in my experience when set to scaled unless you're playing on like a 4K monitor or something, I've never had this setting work properly across 3 different PCs.