The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extractors deployable into the Void

I accidentally stumbled onto the ability to deploy an Extractor to the usually un-extractable Void.

Here is a video of it happening organically:

After a brief bit of testing, I have learned how to recreate this. By using a controller, you can rapidly double-press the controller shortcut for Extractors (default R3 on PSN) immediately upon opening the Void, and it allows you to access the extractor menu. Here is another video of that in action:

*EDIT: A detail I forgot to mention here initially, is that when deploying an extractor to the Void, it breaks the UI for the "Time Remaining" on all active extractors temporarily, displaying only either "Info" or "Pending". This is resolved after an unknown amount of time (no game restart or mission loading necessary) and they all, including the Void Extractor, return to their normal countdowns after a short time.

And finally, here is the results of an Extractor deployed to the Void. You cannot claim a Void Extractor directly, however you can claim them via the "Claim All Extractors" shortcut from the primary Navigation menu, and they do in fact get added to your Inventory. Once again, a video of this in action:

Now, as much as know that this is a bug, I would like to make a proposition to the Dev Team. Please implement this as a normal feature, much like the other planets, rather than simply patching it out.

The resources available in the Void of no real value outside of Argon Crystals. Ferrite, Rubedo, and Control Modules can all be accessed via Extractors on other planets, and Argon Crystals can be farmed much easier through regular gameplay, whereas the typical Titan Extractor would take 4 hours for a small chance at a handful of Crystals at best (assuming they follow the same rules as other rare resources such as Gallium or Orokin Cells).

Alternatively, if allowing Argon Crystals through Extractors would break some of the intended gameplay loops, then maybe Void Traces could replace them? This would allow players to passively gain a small amount of Void Traces to help with relic cracking, while still making thematic sense for the area.

Either way though, whether this gets implemented or simply bug fixed, I hope you reading this right now have a good day. 

Edited by (PSN)Umbrellie
Additional Minor Information