The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Bug or oversight?] Kill from Operator/Warframe should count for Netracell while switching to Warframe/Operator

While on the solo Netracell run I noticed the netracell progress stopped in several occasions.
After testing different loadouts, it seems kills made the following ways do not count for progress.

• Octavia's Mallet kill, while in Operator mode
  • Mind controlled enemy's kill, while in Operator mode
  • Ferrox's alt fire and  Zenister's heavy attack kill, while in Operator mode
  • Operator's delayed kill, while in Warframe (e.g. Proppa scaffold delayed explosion)

Example footage(Octavia's Mallet) - First 15s showed regular Mallet kill with purple effect on killed enemies. After switching to Operator mallet kept killing enemy but no purple effect.

Since Netracell's change did not state frame/operator interaction, it should count regardless of player's state.

Current behavior is likely to be the edge case of the Netracell change,

Lowering the security level is now based on kills dealt by players that are within the marked zone, instead of the enemies killed within the marked zone.

that kills do not count when the exact "player" entity responsible for the kill is not present. I haven't tested but may also happen with other abilities/weapons/arcanes that creates external damage source or deals delayed damage.

Edited by Perrierite
  • Like 2

• Perrierite changed the title to [Bug or oversight?] Kill from Operator/Warframe should count for Netracell while switching to Warframe/Operator

I'm experiencing a similar issue on Mirage while actively controlling her. Any kills done by her clones will not contribute anything to the mission progress ever since that hotfix that changed how Netracell progress works. I haven't checked other warframes but I'd assume any that rely on clones/specters/summons/minions are the ones to most likely have this problem.

Edit:
I tested Equinox with the Duality augment that can create a clone/specter of Equinox and it's kills wouldn't contribute to the mission progress. 
Excluded using Operator mode at all that mission just to be sure it's not just some sort of issue that was exclusive to the use of Operator mode

Edited by ClareTheClaymore
additional info
  • Like 1

hace 10 horas, ClareTheClaymore dijo:

I tested Equinox with the Duality augment that can create a clone/specter of Equinox and it's kills wouldn't contribute to the mission progress. 

This issue is also happens for the arcane molt augmented. Specters doesnt count as players or "exalted warframes". DE should solve this problem, because like Equinox's augment, this counts as own ability and not an external source