Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if: an Adaptation-like mod that gives your weapons bonus damage based on what damage types you take?

WarriorPC

So...this is an idea I just thought up, it probably isn't original in any sense whatsoever, but what if there was an Adaptation-like mod, acquired more or less the same way, through Arbitration and the like, but instead of giving you damage reduction based on whatever damage type you take (puncture, slash, heat, etc.), it gives your weapons a boost in damage based on what damage you took? (so say for example, you get hit by an attack from a Sentient that deals Tau damage, and you have this hypothetical mod equipped, you could then deal Tau damage back to whatever Sentient that smacked you with the Tau damage in the first place).

Now...I have no idea whether or not this was already a thing thought up, and it just was never greenlit, but I personally think that'd be a pretty neat concept to have. Especially when combined with Adaptation, that way you're not only adapting to whatever damage you take, but you also dish it back out to enemies that dealt it to you in the first place, kind of like hitting them with an Uno reverse card in a way.

I initially thought of this as a mod that makes it so you deal more weapon damage (and/or ability damage) the more damage you take, kind of like Chroma's Vex Armor buff, and then I got to thinking, "Wait...why not do something like Adaptation, but also that idea in some way?"

And so, this "what if" post exists.

Now, mind you, again, I have no idea if this was already thought up ages ago and was never greenlit, or if this is a brand new idea, I just thought it up and here we are.

If any of you kind dudes or dudettes have any input you'd like to add...go right ahead. Let's see if DE respond to my goofy-ass, eh?

• Like 1

In theory, as a concept? Why not?

In reality - of element combination - most people would not touch such a mod even with a 6-inch pole. You usually mix a specific element for a reason, having a mod randomly altering such a mixture on a go would not be exactly helpful.