The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the wall quest +result

Valfar_de

So I have finished the "whispers in the walls quest".

It was fun to play it.

The good thing about it was the design that reminded me of both Bioshock and Elder Scrolls Dwemer Ruins. Then there was a book that could be part of Harry Potter, a big man like Dr. Manhattan from the watchmen and a big brain Nemo.

All this fits well into Warframe and it´s unique design and world. The atmosphere is that of a good RPG.

Which leads me to the disappointing part: Why do you contaminate this with humans, mobile phones, ugly old computers with old "software", an obvious AK-47 and a stupid cap and necklace Albrecht wears (some poker player made his way into Warframe ?) That is everyday BS and it makes the game looking cheap and ugly. Please let Warframe remain a unique world on it´s own and don´t add "realism" to it. For me this destroys something.

Why add a human excalibur or others (coming 1999 expansion) ? Have you been so afraid of "The first descendant" ? I don´t think any of the cheap stuff is needed here.

Then the result of this well made quest is more of the same, another faction, another grind and more different materials only to be used for this specific part of the game. That is also a little disappointing.

Edited by Valfar_de

Just to let you know, the "realism" has been part of Warframe since day 0. It's just as fundamental to the world and design as frames are.

We've known hard-stop frames were originally people since the Sacrifice. We suspected it pretty hard from synthesis entries and the Silver Grove and more.

Dark Sector is the game that happened when DE tried to make Warframe the first time but publishers meddled with it (incidentally Warframe was originally called Dark Sector).

In the batch of weapons that released with the game was a "Snipetron", the braton, lex, lato, and sicarus all look like modern guns.

So for your first point... I kinda hate to break it to you, but I doubt 11+ years of development/design is going to shift radically when it's woven into the DNA of the game.

That being said. I very much agree with the second point. This is the kind of thing they can change (and have a bit in the past with Empyrean/Railjack).

I understand the carrot to get people to run the new content is not just the new gear, but also the materials to make that gear. That's fine.

I understand you don't want vets to just be able to run content for an hour and build everything. That's fine.

What I don't want is to be forced to run certain content forever. Some people don't like certain parts of your game, this happens, and will be different for different people. This is just reality. But you can accommodate that to a degree by providing alternate routes to obtainment (eventually). You have the circuit for normal frames. You have vosfor for arcanes (and clan events). Keep that idea up!

Please make certain resources obtainable in more places after some time has passed, where it makes sense to do so. Like you did for Oxium. I farmed most of my Oxium from the old Oxium Osprey. It sucked. It coming from most Osprey enemies now means I (usually) don't have to target farm for it. This is good. You did the same for the Entrati Lanthorn. I got more Lanthorn in the first week of running Labs content than I did for a YEAR of running Zariman content (admittedly not straight through. I probably had 5-10x the hours played in the content though). Argon Crystals can drop from the Storage Containers in the Entrati's secret vaults. Archon Shards come from Archon hunts, as well as Netracells and Archimedea (and Bird3's Shop). Tellurium is available in AW content, as well as Empyrean/Railjack and Uranus/Sharkwing. Keep that up!

New content should probably only have one or two new resources and the rest should be made up of stuff from the rest of the game. That links the game world together more, and also means you can get a stuff for older gear just from going through the game unlocking things. It also means you can more easily tune droprates to help with gear acquisition speed. Like I probably have nearly as many Obols as Alloy Plates. They're never going to be used because whatever bile category they get put into is going to have 40 other things I have 3 billion of and it's not going to be bile, which is the only helminth resource that actually matters.

Actually that being said, if your farm has a currency? Please let us sell duplicates to that vendor for that currency? It reduces the variance of the farm a bit, but most importantly it makes it so no loot is "wasted". That improves the outlook on the farm from a player perspective!