The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us the ability to recycle relics we don't want

SenselessVirus

4 hours ago, hellodownthere said:

I'm sorry but why is this an issue? I also have all the primes from the old tower system before the change in mid 2016 but I don't see an issue with having that many relics because the way I see it is that I have relics I can burn to get traces which I can then use on the relics that I'd actually want to get the items from. I feel like the ability to convert them into Aya/Void Traces isn't good because the people who've been playing Warframe for a long time will have a massive surplus of these relics and being able to convert those relics into Aya or Void Traces is just going to be a loop of them topping up their Traces with their surplus of relics which might not seem bad but I can see others complaining.

If it instead gets converted into Ducats then the question of how much comes into play and a simple answer to that is an RNG roll of 15, 45, 100 with the chances reflecting the relic in questions refinement level. I think that if you could convert your relics into anything Ducats would be for the best.

It all really comes down to time: for example, would you rather waste 20 minutes doing lith survival on normal and get maybe 30-50 traces or be able to throw 10 lith relics in a space blender to get 1 aya/25 traces? Cause you might get a bunch of traces and some stuff worth a lot of plat/ducats or you might get nothing but forma/15 ducat pieces and like 23 traces.

I have a large collection of void relics that I keep around only to refill my void trace reserve and sell resultant parts for ducats, but I came to a realization recently:

1. I'm pretty much done with aya. I have everything that Varzia offers through the current resurgence cycles. And even if currently vaulted relics eventually enter the regular resurgence cycle...
  2. I have pretty much everything I want from Baro so ducats are becoming less useful to me as well.
  3. I guess I could farm either old primes or void trader stuff to sell to other players for plat but the current trade-by-chat system is such a chore and the chance of scam trades discourages this for me.

So what can be offered to me that makes lore/game sense (like it should be sort of related to Varzia/primes/traces/ducats/etc) and also something that I actually want right now? I can't think of anything...

On 2024-09-21 at 10:49 AM, Anonymouse7611 said:

I guess I could farm either old primes or void trader stuff to sell to other players for plat but the current trade-by-chat system is such a chore and the chance of scam trades discourages this for me.

In case you're unaware, Warframe.Market is a 3rd-party marketboard site that's entire purpose is to make trading easier than "shout into the void trade chat and hope someone replies".

1 hour ago, SenselessVirus said:

In case you're unaware, Warframe.Market is a 3rd-party marketboard site that's entire purpose is to make trading easier than "shout into the void trade chat and hope someone replies".

Yeah, thanks. I'm aware. It's a laudable third-party band-aid to the lack of trade, but still requires trade parties to be on at the same time and trade at a trading post or dojo and doesn't eliminate the risk of trading with plat scammers.  But, yes, reduces the annoyance of hoping that someone notices your trade chat post.  I don't suggest that DE implement some form of redeem unwanted relics or prime parts for plat.  I'm just saying that I have a decreasing need for either ducats or aya unless there is something new to be had from either Varzia or Baro.

• Like 2