The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable to join squad or play with friends

Arviah

Off and on over the past year or probably more, through many hotfixes and major updates, my friends and I have had an ongoing problem with specifically my in game connection. The best way to sum this up is I will try to join their squad, load into it for a few seconds then get kicked. Sometimes too, I can join person A, and I won't get kicked until person B or C joins and sometimes its just anyone and I can't connect at all. Sometimes if I join person B and then person A joins in that order, it lets up play together just fine and it will keep requiring that order over days and days until it decides to fix itself, or stop working again.

Aside from it occasionally saying "Host Migration", the game won't tell me why it's doing this. We've scoured the forums and reddit to try and figure this out, I think even submitting a support request once, and the best answer we've been able to come up with is that it's supposed to have something to do with my network ports in the system and network settings. However, even through laborious testing I can't get any combination of messing with these ports to work out. The even more perplexing part is that sometimes, this won't be an issue for even months but then to the same point it won't let me join them for similar periods of time. I've run out of things to try and am hoping someone has had similar problems or knows a new angle to tackle this issue from. Thanks for any help

I've noticed similar behavior.  My network will be otherwise stable, but shortly after joining a friend it will kick me from party.  Sometimes, when I join a party, it will kick someone else instead, but always the same person gets dropped, and only when I, specifically, am in the party.  I've not had what really sound like networking issues in any other game, so it's unclear if Warframe just has some very strange behavior if a single packet is dropped or late in a party where other games recover, or if there's something more deeply rooted within the client.

Generally, restarting the game has fixed this for a bit, and it seems to happen more if either myself or the person inviting me has had the game open for a while before partying up.

Other strange behavior I've noticed related to these random party drops:

- I sometimes see the party still together, and only the other person will see me as dropped, or vice versa

- I've queued into the open world or condensed, open world style zones (e.g. sanctum anatomica or zaramin), and upon entering the world I will load into a separate instance from my party (where my slot is backfilled by random matchmaking)

2 hours ago, DrMaynem22 said:

I've noticed similar behavior.  My network will be otherwise stable, but shortly after joining a friend it will kick me from party.  Sometimes, when I join a party, it will kick someone else instead, but always the same person gets dropped, and only when I, specifically, am in the party.  I've not had what really sound like networking issues in any other game, so it's unclear if Warframe just has some very strange behavior if a single packet is dropped or late in a party where other games recover, or if there's something more deeply rooted within the client.

Generally, restarting the game has fixed this for a bit, and it seems to happen more if either myself or the person inviting me has had the game open for a while before partying up.

Other strange behavior I've noticed related to these random party drops:

- I sometimes see the party still together, and only the other person will see me as dropped, or vice versa

- I've queued into the open world or condensed, open world style zones (e.g. sanctum anatomica or zaramin), and upon entering the world I will load into a separate instance from my party (where my slot is backfilled by random matchmaking)

This sounds exactly like the same problems we've been having. I've experienced all of that as well myself. Hoping a solution will pop up sometimes, Thanks for the input!