Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Issue with Steam login

1. Launched Warframe on my usual computer.
  2. Bound Warframe account to Steam account and exit.
  3. Launch Warframe again on my usual computer. It opens and auto-logs in. Yay! Exit.
  4. Launch Warframe on my Steam Deck (which I don't think I've ever done 2FA on).
  5. Try and use Steam to log in. Get a verification prompt. Enter code; code is not accepted. Try again; no new code is sent, old code doesn't work either.
  6. Relaunch on Deck. Try and use Steam to log in again. Same verification prompt, no new code.

Help?

---

Edit: I suspect my problem is related to this problem with 2FA, and not just Steam.

Edited by Legowerewolf
link 2fa problem

My Steam Deck (no matter what controller setup, or if I connect my mouse) will let me click on the Login with Steam button. Is there a trick you did to get that far? lol

Editing as I was able to work out my issue at least, but I don't think it will help you and I'm sorry for that, but want to provide my steps here incase anyone else has the same issue of not being able to click the button at all.

I had to change the controller to the official steam deck controller, restart the deck, and then it worked.... for some reason even though I changed the controller and restarted the game, it would not let me click the buttons, but after a restart of the deck it worked (IDK if this was because the steam deck didn't like my controller config or something else going on)

Edited by nohamtab
Fixed my issue, sorry IDK if it will help OP

14 minutes ago, Legowerewolf said:

Yes, I can.

So the problem is limited to when you log in/bind the account from a new device. The 2FA mail sends codes that do not work and then stops sending them.

I play through Geforce Now, and since some updates every time I log in I have to enter the 2FA code (before it didn't require it). After this update I tried to bind the account but then the problems started. The first code I entered worked but nothing happened and it asked me for a new code, the email arrived immediately but the code was invalid. After that, no more emails arrived, so I can't access the game anymore.

Edited by Pancino