Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Computer crash on game launch

With the new update, the game crashes every time it launches beyond the standard update launch menu.

It seems that when the game turns on, it starts trying to use a massive amount of my CPU, to the point where it quickly overheats and emergency shutdown takes over, with the CPU reaching 99+ °C.

I saw on the pinned DE topic that this was due to a need to update ones drivers, but with the newest version given to me by nvidia at 565.90 that was released 1.10.24, it still crashes.

I do not know what is causing the game to hog so much CPU but im assuming somewhere in the update there might have been a line or two in the code that doesnt play well, since the game was running just fine before the update.

Any help as to how to fix the isssue would be appreciated, and i am willing to conduct any tests to help solve the issue for myself and any others experiencing the same issue.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention, but one of the first fixes i attempted was veryfing all the games files via the launcher, which yielded no result.

Once the game launches, i cannot force close it to stop my PC from shutting down. Alt+F4 does not work.

When the game does launch, the loading icon progresses approximately 60% before stopping, but the CPU usage increase begins the moment the game launches and starts loading towards the login screen.