Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Koumei: Fun but also terrible...

I apologise in advance but i must give a negative feedback on our new frame. I don't intent to be annoying or problematic but i must be honest. I understand that Koumei is brand new and new player friendly, but she definitely needs a tune-up and a re-thinking of how the 2nd ability works.

Her passive is pretty funny considering if you only bring let's say a melee weapon or just play a single weapon style the buff still goes to your other weapons randomly so at best a 1/3rd uptime on your chosen weapon. What? Why not give a random status buff on all weapons for like 10-30secs and randomly switch to another element after? I would make some fun and random interactions with weapon builds!

Her 1st ability is pretty good and very useful, however it is full crowd control and thus get negated by both eximi and nullifiers. The ability duration is also very short for being a static CC. Also, why limit it to 2 zones max? She has 5 dices soooooo why such a limit?

2nd ability is very, very underpowered, annoying and nonsensical with the internal cooldowns. The challenges presented 50-75% are  problematic to complete (depending on missions and loadouts) for example i get a challenge with "kill x enemies with electric status on them" but i have no means of causing said status unless i cast more randomized abilities that might cause said effects. Cancelling the ability also gives you a cooldown to re-cast. Furthermore the decrees given are generally useless 75% of the time depending again on missions and loadouts. In team/public play your fellow tenno will not tolerate you jerking about completing challenges that slow down the team.

But the biggest issue is the COOLDOWN between casts. WHY DO WE HAVE A COOLDOWN (randomly timed to top it off, up to what, 70 secs?) WHEN THE ABILITY DOESN'T DO DAMAGE AND GIVES RANDOM BUFFS THAT ARE MOSTLY IRRELEVANT? (we can't even choose between reward decrees) You can easly do 3-5 challenges within 5-10 minutes in a survival mission and there is a good chance that none of these decrees do anything for you, while you work your butt off trying to get them! This should be looked at, as her signature ability might as well not exist.

This is nonsense. Not to mention you can get temporary debuffs like is this a joke?

At this point the only real way you get a reasonable bonus to your gameplay is 60min+ endless steelpath missions where there are many, many enemies to pop off, so about 0.1-1% of total gameplay.

3rd ability is generally very useful, a bit bland but got nothing against it. Her natural high armor plus this makes her very tanky, I like.

4th ability is actually pretty well done, love the effects and animations. But it could use some buffs as the damage on the ultimate ability is a little lacking (definietly not Voruna level good).

Once again i apologise. I love the game and have the biggest respect for the team, but Koumei (looking awesome cool animations and sounds) is just not good at gameplay.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, ArdonN7 said:

for example i get a challenge with "kill x enemies with electric status on them" but i have no means of causing said status unless i cast more randomized abilities that might cause said effects.

The challenge is not "kill enemies with electric status" - its that YOU are inflicted with electricity status until the challenge is complete, as the negative. 

Also the ability doesn't "go on cooldown" when you cancel her 2 - the ability ITSELF has a cooldown, which I think feels bad.  The cooldown increases for every decree you gain so that goes against the fun of the build.  If anything remove the cooldown but KEEP the cooldown when you cancel it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoneyChonker said:

The challenge is not "kill enemies with electric status" - its that YOU are inflicted with electricity status until the challenge is complete, as the negative. 

Also the ability doesn't "go on cooldown" when you cancel her 2 - the ability ITSELF has a cooldown, which I think feels bad.  The cooldown increases for every decree you gain so that goes against the fun of the build.  If anything remove the cooldown but KEEP the cooldown when you cancel it

I think the stacking cd was added because DE feared people stacking decrees too quickly and breaking the game. But TBH based on the randomness of the decree pool, the limited range of decrees that are in the pool to begin with, the time it takes to complete challenges and the fact that the max cap is 2.5 minutes (so basically half a round in endless missions anyway), it's too restrictive. Either the ability shouldn't go on CD if the player completes a challenge, or the CD should count down during the challenge so that the time to re-cast after completing a challenge is less painful.

• Like 1