Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Conservation with Pheromones spawning the wrong tier animals

When doing conservation right now, if you are using pheromones with your echo lure, you won't be able to get the tier-2 animals (ashen kuakas, delicate pobbers, etc.). You will get either the tier-3 (ghost kuakas) or tier-1 (plains kuakas). If you want tier 2, you have to definitely not use pheromones.

Also, It looks like stover spawn points for conservation are bugged right now and don't exist correctly?

• Like 4

I knew I wasn't going crazy. For me as well only the rare or common animal will spawn when I use pheromones.

EDIT: A little bit more testing, and it seems that tier-2/uncommon variants don't even spawn when not using pheromones, unless I'm exceptionally unlucky. Guess I'll have to wait for those couple of mods requiring those tags.

Edited by Tiodaiphos
Additional testing
  • Like 2

After some 2 hours of trying, I also can't seem to spawn any uncommon variant, specifically on Orb Vallis (almost wen't crazy searching for delicate pobbers) as I was able to capture some uncommon vulpaphylas on Cambion Drift(probably because it's spawn condition is different from other animals).

• Like 1

I think you're right. I haven't been finding the uncommons with call points at all. I've randomly stumbled across a few in the wild though so I have most of the new mods finished, but there are some uncommons (and the scarlet nexifera) that just seem unwilling to show up.

• Like 1

ive been having issues as well. Been trying for about 4 hours. t1 is the ONLY thing that will spawn without pheromones and with pheromones t3 spawns 95% of the time with t1 being the remaining.

Bug.png?ex=66fefce6&is=66fdab66&hm=b80cf

Edited by JmDaFuz

Having the same issue going after Fuming Stovers and Vallis Kubrodons; pheromones spawn either the common or rare variants (and according to the wiki, commons shouldn’t spawn at all when using pheromones?). Have seen uncommon variants as roaming spawns, but feels like there’s something odd going on with the marked hunting spots.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Renikks said:

Having the same issue going after Fuming Stovers and Vallis Kubrodons; pheromones spawn either the common or rare variants (and according to the wiki, commons shouldn’t spawn at all when using pheromones?). Have seen uncommon variants as roaming spawns, but feels like there’s something odd going on with the marked hunting spots.

in my 4 hours the only thing i saw spawning uncommons outside of the tracks where verminks and poppers. outside of that ive only seen a grand total of 1 spawn.

Compared this to my most visited and farmed openworld deimos, this seems way off from what it normally is like there.

Edited by JmDaFuz
  • Like 1