Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Mod Priority On Elemental Based Weapons.

Gam3R77

I don't get what you want answered here.

The mod priority is working as intended. What's happening for elemental weapons is that their damage type (be it elec, fire, toxin, whatever) does not count as a mod (duh).

So what happens is: let's say you have Ignis. It's fire elemental damage. Now let's say you want Blast (fire + cold), so you add cryo rounds.

And you get blast as intended due to the mix of cryo round and the innate fire elemental.

Now let's say you want to add electricity damage on top of that. So you add Stormbringer intending to get Blast and electricity.

In reality you get Magnetic and fire BECAUSE the mods of cryo round and stormbringer mix together. When multiple elemental mods are brought in, the innate elemental is not involved in mixing priority simply because it's not a mod. You need to have a separate Hellfire mod equipped in order to achieve the desired effect.

In simpler words, yes the system is working correctly and is intended.

And yea don't be posting vids instead of words, even though I watched like 5 mins of it to get what was happening. 

Edited by Loli-kon

Not watching a 20 minute video for a question you could ask in 2 lines.

I gave link to 16 minute so you just had to watch about 30 seconds to understand everything, I think that's less than reading...

I don't get what you want answered here.

The mod priority is working as intended. What's happening for elemental weapons is that their damage type (be it elec, fire, toxin, whatever) does not count as a mod (duh).

So what happens is: let's say you have Ignis. It's fire elemental damage. Now let's say you want Blast (fire + cold), so you add cryo rounds.

And you get blast as intended due to the mix of cryo round and the innate fire elemental.

Now let's say you want to add electricity damage on top of that. So you add Stormbringer intending to get Blast and electricity.

In reality you get Magnetic and fire BECAUSE the mods of cryo round and stormbringer mix together. When multiple elemental mods are brought in, the innate elemental is not involved in mixing priority simply because it's not a mod. You need to have a separate Hellfire mod equipped in order to achieve the desired effect.

In simpler words, yes the system is working correctly and is intended.

And yea don't be posting vids instead of words, even though I watched like 5 mins of it to get what was happening. 

It's not so obvious for me, actually I would like to count base elemental damage as mod. Then I could achieve the same effect using 2, not 3 mod slots. For 150hrs of playing I haven't seen a single stormbringer and for example I want my synapse to do magnetic + heat...even with the new damage system I still need to have it, even if weapon has base electricity.

Native elements get counted last unless a matching mod changes the position.  That might not suit you but it also might not suit everyone if native elements were counted first.  I doubt this is a bug.

What I do think is a bug is the Lecta not doing electric damage with it's slide attacks.  For example, if  I put fire into it to get Radiation damage and then slide attack the Lecta switches from having green radiation to orange flames and I get slashing and fire procs.