Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We All Agree On This Fix?

blackraver

I think it's generally understood that Valkyr's stats are not very conducive to her intended role as a berserker warframe Having no shields and health that dispersal in an instant makers her a more "hide in the corner, lay on my lazy butt cuz i got downed, scaredy cat".

As a quick fix can we just give her more shields? like on the level of volt please?

edit* sorry wrong sub forum. can a mod please move this to the correct feedback page?

Edited by blackraver

I'd say al she needs is armour that SCALES UP with the level some. Another thing that might make her more survivable would be an ability that would allow her to regenerate health over time.

I have found that one of the new-ish mods, called Equilibrium helps a lot if you can find a lot of energy orbs to pick up. As long as you keep using some you can get healed by those. A Steel Fiber mod is also a definite requirement for her to have any chance of survival.

Sadly these two mods reduce the available mod slots quite a bit, so after you put in Continuity, Focus, Steel Fiber and Vitality, you are left with 2 slots to play with. Which really makes it difficult to tailor to your needs.

My own loadout:

Aura: Maxed Steel Charge

All abilities Rank 3

Focus Rank 5

Continuity Rank 5

Rage Rank 3

Equilibrium Rank 6 (Need to max when I can)

Steel Fiber Rank 8 (Need to max asap)

Vitality Rank 8 (Need to max asap)

She has roughly 380 armour with that setup, but even that feels low in comparison to the beating anything over rank 15 will deal to her.

Her shields are only 140 with this setup.

I am not saying this is the best build but it works reasonably well. I will need to experiment a bit more with it though.

Disagree that Valkyr should get more shields. She should stay at having 50 base shields. Instead, she should get more base health, at least to 150, but possibly more if, after some playtesting, she still turns out to be too frail.

She also needs some way in her abilities to regenerate a minor amount of health, so she doesn't get whittled down easily over time.

There is only 1 problem with her stats. Her third ability uses half of her shields to deal dmg, 370 shields with maxed redirection wont give us any real dmg.

Atm she is already one of most durable frames out there beaten only by rhino and arguably frost. Giving her 2x current shields wont affect survivability that much but would give her only aoe power a bit of dmg.

Edited by Davoodoo

I still think she could do with a little bit more shields. Her armor does mitigate a decent amount of damage but she still is dropped incredibly fast by mid leveled grineer who get through her shields. She should be able to ove while casting which would do wonders for helping her use her abilities to keep her close to her enemies. And I agree she needs some sort of health drain to prevent from being whittled down so easily