Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new nova playing seeking advice post-rework

fayesdead

Question

hi so for starters: im still fairly new to warframe (mastery rank 8 currently) and warframe has been the first 'looter shooter' game ive gotten into, so please be gentle with me as im learning most of the mechanics of the game still

i picked up nova prime the day she was reworked. i always liked the concept of her abilities but i always felt it was weak when compared to other frames (my first frame ended up being yareli but nova was a close second), so when i read over her new abilities it seemed id like her more. ive played her a bit in different mission types and ive played around with her abilities in hydron sedna but somethings just? not? clicking? ive played a few other frames, namely mirage and even though i dont have any archon shards equipped to her, i still understood her kit and i could see where she really shined. for some reason thats not happening for me with nova, every time ive played her shes felt very weak (i mean you can nuke pretty well with her 4 it seems, but i feel like so many frames can be dumbed down to 'well, just nuke then with X ability')

my general conclusion with that after reading some of the feedback on her rework, is that neutral nova- the build i was initially running on her since from guides that seemed to be the best option for me- isnt viable anymore? am i correct on assuming that? and in return you have to choose either a slow or speed build? and if so, is there one thats objectively better or is it player preference? i feel like this is a good time to mention my boyfriend has picked up volt recently, is there any sort of nova/volt synergies we can use together? my main goal is to make nova fun for me, i dont know if ill enjoy or be able to get a lot of value out of her later on in steel path based off how she feels for me right now. but i did just buy that whole nova bundle lol, so id like to use her

any type of nova advice from pros would be greatly appreciated. since its still so new i know theres still a lot to be discovered in her rework, but im really interested in hearing how she feels now vs before? which nova was better? do you still want take the same tanky/ability-strength type of builds ive seen in pre-rework guides or is she stronger in other areas now? did i waste my money buying nova prime and also the bundle? thank u :)

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet