Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance And Projectile Vs Elemental Weapons--Suggestion

Neinth

I was just thinking that since status chance is based on the weapon,and to get certain combo's like blast and gas and such,that we are sort of being ripped off,2 mods to get the effect,but same chance of causing status.

Using something like the Dera.It has Impact,Puncture and Slash.So,unless i misunderstand how the damage works now,it has an innate 10% chance to cause Knockback,Weakened and Bleeding.To which you can effectively add two more status effects using the combo's,for what would become a 50% chance to inflict a status--added with split chamber you are almost guaranteed to inflict a status every shot(i know it's not quite 100% but still it would be the "new" rainbow build)

Now,compared to something like the Ignis--it has a 1% chance to inflict 1 status effect,2% with split chamber,Using the mods you can still only get 2 status effects,and since it's base damage is elemental(a flamethrower with very little chance to actually set something on fire :>) it could really benefit from some sort of increase in status effects.

This discrepancy is increased if you include secondary weapons,comparing ones that deal base elemental,and ones that have the three impact/slash and puncture.Reason being lethal torrent and barrel diffusion where you essentially triple the chances of a status effect instead of doubling it.

So my suggestion is,for the weapons that deal a base elemental--you could of course increase their base status chance,which doesn't quite give us a reason to fill the thing to the brim with various elemental damages.Or you could keep the status chance rather low as it is now,and for every elemental we add onto it,it would also increase our chances of increasing a status effect.

Example: Using the Ignis--We add a Wildfire or Hellfire and it increases status chance by 100%(100% of 1 is 2...just incase someone misreads) If you have both equipped,it would increase the total to 3% chance.Add a Cryo and get 4%,so on and so forth.

I'm not suggesting weapons with base elemental damage should have 100% chance of status effects,but having a flame thrower or a poison dart or what have you,that has very little chance to actually do what it's supposed to is just odd.

I could be wrong in assuming projectile weapons that have a base damage of slash,puncture and impact have a chance of inflicting status effects of all three,plus the two possible elemental that can be added.However,even if they do not,using the Dera again as an example,inflicting 1 of those 3 effects,and 2 from elemental is still 30% base chance(60% with multishot)

And i may be wrong that they all have a chance to proc on each hit,maybe if one procs they all proc and if it doesn't none of them do,but again that's between 3 and 5 different status effects coming into play at one time,where an elemental has only a max of 2 coming into play at once,and a much lower chance for it to happen.

Lastly,something like the Hek with a 15% status effect per pellet......So yeah,if you like effects and utility builds,could make a monster out of that.

If anyone knows how all the status effects actually interact with each other,I would really like a bit of clarity.Thank you for reading,and i hope i didn't just make a fool out of myself :>

With how RNG works in this game, you don't get your status effects often unless you hit the higher levels, then it becomes a god send.

As for the ignis, it has such a low cost because it ticks so friggin' much plus hits multiple enemies increasing it chances.

With how RNG works in this game, you don't get your status effects often unless you hit the higher levels, then it becomes a god send.

As for the ignis, it has such a low cost because it ticks so friggin' much plus hits multiple enemies increasing it chances.

Using the Ignis as the elemental weapon might not be best example,however it is the one i can look at the stats in game easily. Better examples would be the Sentinel weapons.

In 1 seconds time Stinger has 33% chance to proc,Deth Rifle has 41.5%.Burst Laser comes to 45%,Laser Rifle is 67% and Sweeper is 60%..These where done using the base stats of each weapon.formula i used was (((status chance X max amount of status available) X fire rate) X rounds fired) and assuming each hits their target 100% of the time.

The point I am trying to make,is a weapon that is based on using elemental damage,has a lower chance of actually causing an effect than that of a projectile weapon.

Non-elemental weapons have a higher chance of inflicting status effects than elemental's do.And i find that just odd.

Maybe I am looking at it wrong,but flame thrower that can't light a book of matches 99% of the time,isn't a flame thrower.I understand having 100% status effect would be a bad thing in terms of game mechanics(blast Ignis ftw) even a 10% chance would be bad.

I know simple math and some conjecture about how things are working says shotguns are the way to roll if you want maximum status effect,with normal projectile weapons coming in second and elemental last.And i like the idea of the utility type elemental combo's.Shred,Metal Auger and a fire mod will catch more on fire than the flame thrower will,and still cover the same/more area with better ammo efficiency and range.

In 1 seconds time Stinger has 33% chance to proc,Deth Rifle has 41.5%.Burst Laser comes to 45%,Laser Rifle is 67% and Sweeper is 60%..These where done using the base stats of each weapon.formula i used was (((status chance X max amount of status available) X fire rate) X rounds fired) and assuming each hits their target 100% of the time.

Just to make something clear, your formula is very inaccurate. A simple example to explain the error is if you have a 1% chance to win a game, and you play 100 times, does not make it 100% chance to win. Of course playing more increases your chance, but not by simply multiplying the 2 numbers. Or even a simpler in game example, Modding the Lanka with full crit chance will push it up to 50%(note the stats do not show its crit value, however the base crit chance is still 20%) and I'm sure you will notice that sometimes 2 shots in a row might give you 2 white damage.

I don't remember how the exact formula works(statistics class was so long ago), but I'm sure some of us players here are math lovers and can give you a more accurate formula so you can work around it with your modding. GL

Edited by Klobber