Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo. Totaly rebuild of 8yr old facility and add outside theme..

THeGAME-101

Question

Hi guys.

I joined a friends clan recently and I want to rebuild the dojo. Its been active for about 8yrs, founded on the games rules at the time.

I have some experience with map building from Unreal Tournament and UT2003/4 so I have an idea what I might be getting into for outside areas.

The dojo in question is quite large. Its got three halls, about a mile of hallways, Two indoor "tranquil" rooms, all of the labs, trading room, hanger, one obstacle course, and one started but not added to. The whole thing is big, clunky and a waste of time and space and 3 tiers with elevators. So basically what I want to do is remove almost all of the wasted rooms and tiers. Make it a single level with few hallways and add outside scenes. 

Being said, Im just starting my research and I was wondering how hard this will be to do without losing any of the that are really needed (labs, trading, obstacle, ect) Im guessing I cant just delete hallways and tiers and have it pop into place, lol, but I dont want to have to rebuild any of the labs, ect. I guess back in the day there were, and still are requirements that you have to build,  I could delete the three meeting halls now if not required to have. They arent attached to anything but each other, and seriously WTF do you really need them for unless youre a Demagogue rising in power and collecting disciples. Simply are not needed at all unless you have 40 to 200 people in your clan and hold regularly scheduled meetings..

Required rooms? What are they if any? I am starting from current build and working backwards so I dont know how to start a dojo. I will be researching..

Next is loss of resources. If you destroy a room do you get anything back but power use? Like you sell the rubble and get some cash back as well?

Next, whats the best dojo software to make the outside scenes or create a full dojo? Can you design the new dojo and just copy and paste it into existence?

Thanks for reading! Any helpful tips and link would be great! 

Edited by THeGAME-101

1 answer to this question

I'm not much of a dojo builder,  so I can't answer all your questions,  but I do know that if you destroy a room all of the resources used to build to room goes back into the clan treasury,  including any plat spent on rushing.