Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finished all main story quests. Almost all planets done, just deimos left. What do I do now?

Soap41

Question

Hi, I just want to know what I should do? and how to continue playing the game because I started playing with my friends and I am the most knowledgeable of the game between the other 2 XD. I know these guys and once they completed everything the game told them to do, they'll think they are done and delete the game I want to be able to tell them that theres more to do and we are far from done. From what I have gathered I am now in the mid game? 

1 answer to this question

From my experience, I like to divide the game in three distinct parts : early, mid, and endgame, that also correlate with level.

The early game is the whole star chart and all the quests, story and secondary ; from level 1 to level 50, considering Sedna, Eris, and the Kuva forteress as the last traditional planets ; including the three original Open Worlds with the hub of Cetus, Fortuna, and Deimos, and the content island which is Railjack ; which are all required for your base progression.

Then, once you are done with the New War quest, you get a bit more into the mid mid game, which are level 60-100 ; including Zariman and the Sanctum ; where you start to find more appropriate challenge for you, which is more spaced in time ; grinding the standings of the many syndicates, doing your daily Sortie, and finishing to clean your planets to unlock two new gamemodes : Arbitration (and Steel Path, but you come to that later). Arbitration is the pinnacle of mid game, as it's a mission were dying is forbidden, dropping you Vitus essence which is mainly used to buy the important Galvanized mods, or else, Kuva. You can also drop some mandatory defensive mods in Arbitration, being Adaptation and Rolling Guard.

Once you got yourself a potent gear with farming the mid game, you can then start playing the endgame, level 100 and beyond, which is the Steel Path, Netracell, Deep Archimedian (Elite), and the Archon Hunt ; which are often weekly base ; the real challenges of the game, using then the best tools you earned in your progression to do some better missions, which are harder but drop more. Farming Steel path still allows you to do traditional content (like Fissures) but with another layer of difficulty, as it's higher level, and fetaure mini-bosses the Acolytes, and drop also the Steel Essence, another currency to buy relics, kuva, and the weekly item Teshin brings in his shop.

Then there is everything beyond that for the farmers, but none of it is needed (Level cap, Codex, and the endless Fashion Frame).

Playing with friends is not always easy as everyone can have a different perception of fun, and won't have the same objectives, so it's important to try to find time for each and everyone of you to do the things you want in a balanced way. Even if the objectives aren't always the same, you don't really lose your time if you are having fun with your friends, and still get xp and ressources which will be of use later on ; it's up to the stronger and more advanced player to step down a little and play easy missions so that everyone can progress, instead of forcing them up too much into content they are not that comfortable into. Hard-carrying people too much doesn't let them have fun and feel useful to the mission's success. As the game is about leveling gear, you can always bring into battle some low level warframe and weapons, even if modded or used more efficiently, your experience will make the difference.

The best way to keep your friends playing the game, is to introduce them with the variety of gamemodes, gameplays, warframes and weapons, and other tools the game has to offer, and help them reach their own objectives so they can have fun their own way. It's up to each player to set his own objectives, but it's up to the one that know the most of the game to point out what they have missed, and what they may want to look foward to.

Remember that it doesn't matter if you play early, mid, or end game, as long as you have fun doing so.