Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Relationship Between The Lotus And The Stalker

Leorion

What I find interesting is that, when we did that alert mission for Darvo, he almost said the same things the Lotus would say.

Well, it may be known that they must have worked together long back, so probably that would be the reason he would know how to coordinate with us during the missions. it's obviously somethin's fishy about darvo mostly, Because it's hard to imagine the guy he was followed by and now he's giving us his main gear lolz, i would wonder how did even got it first place and dealing at 50% off, so that there's no way we can object and get stalker's stuff easily and use it well or such things like that...There's no way darvo can keep fooling us,...but probably his deals might xD.

- I've said this months ago, that Lotus = Stalker

Stalker has a slim frame that could pass for a feminine frame. He(she) keeps his/her head down when attacking.

The distortion of the shadowy voice reminds me of one of the many voices of Lotus -_- She has a distorted voice aswell.

But the main thing is that, he always knows where we're at.... only Lotus would know -besides ourself.

I just hope they have reallyworked on the Lore and put some thought into it. So even if they aren't the same, it's still a good story.

lol what?

If the Lotus wants to, she can. She can just send a demolition squad to where their sure end. To a Hostile Mothership, an actual battleship, or relieve them of any extraction.

Your idea contradicts at all points.

Edited by yeomanry

The orokin were at war with the Sentient, they were losing as the Sentient were using Orokin's own technology against them (stated in Excalibur's lore) so in a desperate move to develop a tech beyond the Sentient's grasp, they turned towards the void (the only place were they would be away and safe) without actually understanding it.

Those who came back were 'touched' by the void, the Orokin then built the warframes both as a contention unit and a conduit for the touched to be used as a weapon, they were given 'weapons of old' (swords and guns, analog, beyond the grasp of the sentient) trained and indoctrinated (the code all Tenno followed) and then they were unleashed upon the Sentient.

The Sentient being unable to control nor the Warframes or the Tenno, lost the war (that's how that war ended)

The Stalker was part of the imperial corps, a low level guard (why some Tenno were considered 'low level' or designed as imperial guard is unknown) and he witnessed the end of the war and the uprising of the Tenno ( the 'ten drums' he mentions)
This is beyond interpretation, so far we thought the Orokin perished at the hands of the infested, the stalker (as a faction, is suggested there is more than one of them) is against us for that reason, we destroyed the very thing he/they were protecting.

Now, if the Lotus is Orokin, or worked under the Orokin, why would they employ us knowing we destroyed the empire after we set it free?
They wouldn't, unless we knew nothing about it, and that's why we wake up with no memory, so far we thought the amnesia was a side effect of the stasis, but that may not be true.

We are called 'the betrayers' not only by the stalker, but by other factions as well, suggesting that either they are all into the same initiative to make us believe we betrayed the Orokin when actually we didn't, or we actually obliterated an empire and went to sleep (much like the Reapers from mass effect, in a smaller scale).

The Lotus is aware of the stalker, I remember our operator saying something about a Tenno that follows a twisted path or something along those lines, but it seems the Stalker is not aware of the Lotus, they seem to think we remember everything and that we are doing our tasks (all the killings/sabotage/artifact retrieval) following our own interests.

My own impression is that the Lotus was never under the Orokin, but above them.
As it stands now, we are a force that 'maintains' balance, we keep the factions in check, everytime someone is getting the upper hand we are there to stop them and bring them down.
So maybe, after the Sentient war, the Orokin was the main player and the Lotus wanted some balance.

I'm actually pretty tired to be used as a tool, when are we getting out choice to go againt the Lotus?

- I've said this months ago, that Lotus = Stalker

Stalker has a slim frame that could pass for a feminine frame. He(she) keeps his/her head down when attacking.

The distortion of the shadowy voice reminds me of one of the many voices of Lotus -_- She has a distorted voice aswell.

But the main thing is that, he always knows where we're at.... only Lotus would know -besides ourself.

I just hope they have reallyworked on the Lore and put some thought into it. So even if they aren't the same, it's still a good story.

The only reason Lotus has multiple voices is because DE stated that they are re-recording her lines and aren't finished. Its hardly due to a stalker relationship.

I'm under the suspicion that Lotus is connected to the infested, more than anything. Her and ancient infested, what are they where did they come from?

That and why are her colors on the infested color sheet? :)

Lotus seems to be keeping us busy protecting secrets and weakening those in power. Stalker seems to want those secrets to be found. Stalling Tenno in an attempt to keep the Corpus and Grineer advancing.

I'm actually pretty tired to be used as a tool, when are we getting out choice to go againt the Lotus?

I thought it was novel working for the trade fellow (Derf?) as opposed to the lotus. We do have quite the potential as mercenaries, but yeah just keeping things balanced to no apparent end is a little boring.

You're all victim here! You guys don't see what I see. I see Lotus and Stalker as two different entities, but that isnt my point. My point is women, not all! but some are mental terrorists. Brain ninjas. Lotus wants you all to think this. To see who is... suspicious and who are not. The rabbit hole goes deeper. Deeper! Deep to the point where you can no longer see the bottom. 

Don't be distracted my fellow living and sane organisms, this is what the she wants

The stalker also seems to have the same way of tracking us as the Lotus. Maybe they are the same type? Maybe the Lotus is actually the opposite of the Stalker?

Just gave me a thought that Lotus doesn't talk to us along with the Stalker simultaneously. Therefore...

The Lotus is the Stalker. :3

I've got my own pet theory (right now) that the Lotus herself is a Sentient that hacked into the Warframes, and Stalker wasn't connected to the system when she did.

Think about it:

1. The Tenno killed the Orokin, the universal superpower, while they were at war with the Sentients, which are (as far as I know) sentient A.I.

2. Stalker's Codex states that the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin.

3. The Lotus is (from what I can tell) an A.I.

Lotus Master Plan: Lotus, one of (or perhaps the 'leader' of) the Sentients, locates and hacks into the Tenno and their Warframes as she locates them. When the Tenno are finished being constructed and sent to Terminus, Lotus orders them to execute their former masters, the Orokin, as Stalker watches. Then, she puts them to cryosleep for an unknown period of time. Stalker finds an Excalibur during this period, and "relocates" its original owner, adds his own personal touches to it, then dons it. Time passes, and eventually the Grineer and Corpus get too powerful and begin to threaten the Lotus, so she reactivates the Tenno in cryosleep.

Yeah, that's basically my theory, too. 

I think the Lotus was originally the Orokin's master AI, running their things until she developed self-aware sentience and went rogue.  The first Sentient.  She has a strong link with the Orokin as her symbols are all over the Orokin Void maps (turbolift floors/controls etc).  During the Sentient War after the Infested and Tenno had all but wiped out the Sentients, she managed to survive and take control of the Tenno, slaughtering the Orokin at their victory celebrations. 

We know the Tenno were normal until they went to the void and when they came back warped the Orokin build the warframes around them.  Was this warping a form of being taken over by the tower neural sentries?  Is that why the Tenno are immune now?  Were they sleeper agents all along?

The Stalker wasn't under her control because he wasn't a Tenno, but a human lower Guardian, who has subsequently cobbled together a warframe suit from bits he acquired - hence the combined look and combined set of powers.  He isn't Tenno, so he can't be tracked by the Lotus.  Is the Stalker the only one who knows the real truth?  Is the Stalker the only true "Good Guy"?