Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

New tileset in the demo is very CPU limited in some areas

Not_Matt

I'm running the game on an aging system, i7-4770 + RTX 2060. I play on the "high" graphics preset (which sets everything to high except volumetrics to medium) at 1080p, DLSS quality, and a 120 FPS cap. In the rest of the game I get 120-ish FPS 99% of the time while solo.

At the start of the demo I was getting around 90 FPS on the more straight tiles, which is fine. Once I got to the larger, more open tiles FPS fell further to around 60/70. When I got to the open tile that has a bunch of smaller buildings in the middle, where you can jump on the rooftops of those buildings, my FPS fell to around 45 while having a large portion of the tile in view. Going back to more narrow tiles or into alleyways it goes back to around 90.

While on the rooftops where I get 45 FPS, I tried turning DLSS down from "quality" to "ultra performance", and despite the much lower internal resolution my framerate didn't budge from 45 FPS, meaning it was a CPU bottleneck causing this drop in performance.

Here's a screenshot of this location (where performance is identical between DLSS quality and DLSS ultra performance):

dNmx4mW.png

Here's looking the other way from the exact same rooftop, which gives me 120 FPS:

9Pd2Pf1.png

Here's an album with various screenshots showing the huge variance in performance between different areas in the demo.

• Like 1