Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Vs Gram (Sorry)

Jabbzz

Question

OK I've been posting stuff like this lately and I've been annoying. (I think)

To be specific, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Scindo on Gram? (Vice Versa)

Does Scindo have bonus damage for Infected and Gram doesn't?

How about the range of both weapons?

How about the number of enemies killed in one swing?

How about the Charge Speed and Fire rate (Im confused on the Wiki)?

Edited by Jabbzz

6 answers to this question

They both hit multiple targets. They both do extra damage to infested. Scindo does more damage but Gram is faster. Gram has more charge damage.

Generally people who like to melee stick to scindo and those who like to charge melee stick to gram.

OK I've been posting stuff like this lately and I've been annoying. (I think)

To be specific, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Scindo on Gram? (Vice Versa)

I'll answer this in a sort of a roundabout way but I think it'll get the point across. Generally speaking, you get a Scindo if you plan on stacking fire rate with melee damage (of course this is up in the air for the upcoming Update 7, but I doubt things like fire rate or melee damage will be drastically changed) whereas the Gram excels in charge damage stacking. If you look at stats alone (from the Wiki) they're similar but the Gram has a faster fire rate and lower base damage. Reason being why players stack charge attack/speed on the Gram is because of the higher base fire rate, which affects the charge attack's swing speed saving a potential mod slot allowing for pure charge damage/speed. If you're going for straight-up mob clearing potential, Scindo with Fire Rate + Melee Damage. For dealing with Ancients*, Charge Damage is the way to go. Not that a Gram specced for Fire Rate or a Scindo specced for Charge Damage is bad, these are just suggestions based on what I know about the weapons' strengths and how others have used them.

*This is assuming you're fighting against Infested, but charge damage is still preferred if you're against the Grineer. Corpus doesn't matter as much since they're all light-armored

Does Scindo have bonus damage for Infected and Gram doesn't?

Both receive bonuses since they're both considered blade-type weapons. The only melee weapons to date that don't receive this bonus are the Fragor, Furax, Bo, and Amphis. The blunt ones. The Dagger-type weapons also don't receive the blade damage bonuses, but have innate armor piercing bonuses (akin to the Boltor and Akbolto).

How about the range of both weapons?

Gram is slightly shorter than the Scindo but I doubt it's really that noticeable. I personally have not; don't let this be a deciding factor when choosing a weapon because you can still only hit up to 3 enemies on both at weapons once.

How about the number of enemies killed in one swing?

3. Generally for Charge attacks because they're wide sweeping motions. Of course you can still hit multiple enemies with regular attacks since they're giant weapons though.

How about the Charge Speed and Fire rate (Im confused on the Wiki)?

Fire Rate = Swing Speed. How fast your actual sword will be moving when attacking/the post-delay of swinging. The Charge Speed affects how long you're in that "holding a stance" position before actually swinging. This means you shouldn't expect swings to go off like lightning with all Charge Speed mods and no Fire Rate mods. Because even though you're doing that "holding a stance" position really fast, you still swing like a slug.

Replies in bold. Hopefully these are sufficient answers. And as a side-note, I know that you can't be staggered while spamming the regular melee attack with a giant weapon, but in my experience you can still hold the charge stance for ages and not be staggered otherwise. This only seems to be the case with the one handed/dual wield weapons (being staggered while attacking, I mean). Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm not certain.

Edited by WupwupTCR