The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

account reset back to zero when game goes live?

ManikHalf

as the title says, im just curious as to if our accounts go back to default zero when the game is finished?

i am ok with this as i love starting anew. but i can imagine many of you have paid money for things so i am also wondering how they would handle that, perhaps just credit you whatever you have paid on launch.

does anyone know anything about this? apologies if it has already been covered.

as i said, i kind of expect them to wipe everything on launch just so its a level playing field for everyone from the get go. and to be honest, i love leveling and all that in a co-op enviroment so im all for it.

i will also be joining you guys as founders next week so i can have a special badge c:

From what i gather, its common practise for games with this kind of development cycle to do a full wipe when entering open beta. 'Course any plats you buy will be reset to full value, but beyond that, it creates a level playing field for newbies and old players alike.

Though, the games im familiar with that have done this all included pvp, so having a player gap would be detrimental to that entire branch of the player base, so theres that.

Yeah, let's not circulate rumors.

Current stance of DE is this:

DESteve said, they currently aren't looking at a reset. But don't build your house on that statement.

Ced23Ric is right. No plans to, but it may be something we can't avoid.

as i said, i kind of expect them to wipe everything on launch just so its a level playing field for everyone from the get go. and to be honest, i love leveling and all that in a co-op enviroment so im all for it.

i will also be joining you guys as founders next week so i can have a special badge c:

they do not need to it frustrate the customers and players there will always be a way for you to go back and play the low level ranks mission with new items/frames

as for I dont see the need to reset when they patch new content in if we can just selec the content to test.The only possible way to reset and avoidable is if they actually found a exploit

Having the option to wipe would be great. Like a lot of other founders, i dropped a lot of plat to test thing out. Also, in an ASTOUNDING display of stupidity, deleted the wrong Excalibur from my inventory (why would I need two?), losing me my Prime. I almost broke my mouse with a frustration death grip when i realized what i had done.

Honestly, I think a wipe would be a good solution, Provided it's not actually a "Full Wipe". Rather a "Roll-Back" of all accounts, which resets their entire account, and gives them all the platinum back. If Warframe was to be "Wiped" as such, I would honestly have no problem. How many players are actually going to want to be on uneven foorting anyways?

It seems silly that people would complain about not being as super over powered, and awesome sauce as someone else in a game strictly for PvE, But it does happen, and people will find the silliest reasons to complain about just about anything from drops, weapons, "PRO", etc.

I believe a roll-back, and or wipe would be a pretty good idea before the DE desides to go live. Give everyone equal footing at the start, of course with rolled back Founder Packs (all their platinum back), and I'm sure you'd see the majority of your player base enjoy Warframe that much more, and have players actually stay. Already you get silly posts, and articles calling Warframe "Pay To Win", which makes no sense due to cooperative gameplay. Alas, it does happen.

Either way, I suppose I'm fine with no roll-backs, and or wipes. Just means some of the players are simply going to get bored faster, and you'll definitely have a lack of content down the road. Of course, I'm sure DE knows what they're doing.

Honestly, I think a wipe would be a good solution, Provided it's not actually a "Full Wipe". Rather a "Roll-Back" of all accounts, which resets their entire account, and gives them all the platinum back. If Warframe was to be "Wiped" as such, I would honestly have no problem. How many players are actually going to want to be on uneven foorting anyways?

It seems silly that people would complain about not being as super over powered, and awesome sauce as someone else in a game strictly for PvE, But it does happen, and people will find the silliest reasons to complain about just about anything from drops, weapons, "PRO", etc.

I believe a roll-back, and or wipe would be a pretty good idea before the DE desides to go live. Give everyone equal footing at the start, of course with rolled back Founder Packs (all their platinum back), and I'm sure you'd see the majority of your player base enjoy Warframe that much more, and have players actually stay. Already you get silly posts, and articles calling Warframe "Pay To Win", which makes no sense due to cooperative gameplay. Alas, it does happen.

Either way, I suppose I'm fine with no roll-backs, and or wipes. Just means some of the players are simply going to get bored faster, and you'll definitely have a lack of content down the road. Of course, I'm sure DE knows what they're doing.

wipe or not people will get bored no matter what if we don't add variety .Even "high level" players can still go back to low level mission to train new frames or weapon

*This is a matter of opinion* I think at this point on how far closed beta has gone, it would be pretty pointless to wipe character data, as this game is a coop game and a pvp based game.

And I agree on the above post, the game will need more variety, and cutscenes wouldn't hurt, especially on assassination missions. Add a little more story too.

Edited by CupcakeLauncher

I would be in favor of a (maybe optional) wipe for all platinum-based buyings, since I think a lot of founders spent all their plats to test stuff they woudn't buy post release.

Well i did buy the Rhino pack with my plats, and I made my Rhino my main guy, I absolutely love it.