The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Proposal: Harmony

Novashank

Currently, there are 4 ways to gain health. Equilibrium and Rejuvenation, which give you health at a pretty low rate, Health orbs, which don't give you that much health and usually aren't that easy to find, and Trinity. Hardly anyone plays Trinity despite healer classes being essential in RPGs (not that Warframe is big on being one), so that one is almost out of the question.

Now that Damage 2.0 has been introduced (not to mention slash damage), I was thinking that there should be a mod that only affects the user's health but does so at a reasonable rate: Harmony. The way I was thinking it should work is that your health will recharge WHEN, and ONLY WHEN your shields are recharging (hence "Harmony"), but that you'll only regenerate your health at a fraction of the rate of your shields regenerate. (If that sounds confusing, just read on.)

I don't know if it should be a rare or uncommon mod, but I'll show you all what that would be like and let you decide.

***(FOR THOSE THAT ARE TOO LAZY TO READ FOR MORE THAN A MINUTE, START HERE)***

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Rare) Harmony:

-POLARITY: "D" (Defense) polarity.

-RANK LIMIT: *5* ranks.

-MOD SPACE COST: 6/7/8/9/10/11.

-EFFECT: Health regenerates at a rate of 1.6/3.2/4.8/6.4/8.0/9.6% of the shield regeneration rate when shield regenerates.

*OR*

(Uncommon) Harmony

-POLARITY:"D" (Defense) polarity.

-RANK LIMIT:*10* ranks.

-MOD SPACE COST:6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

-EFFECT:Health regenerates at a rate of 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11% of the shield regeneration rate when shield regenerates.

What that means: Say you have 500 shields. If you have this rank maxed and you lose all your shields, you'll regenerate about 50 health when your 500 shields recharge. Now that may sound op, (and even if it still does after I try to convince you that it's not as great as you think, I could always turn down the stats, right?) but think about it: you have to lose all 500 of your shields and maybe a chunk of your precious health just to gain that 50 health back. So it's only even useful to you if your shields get taken down all the way pretty often, otherwise it's not even worth the mod slot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think? Is it too op? Is it too redundant with the other health gain mods or should it replace one (like, oh, I don't know... Equilibrium)? Let me know, but please don't give me baseless hate.

Edited by Novashank

I will say first It's a pretty good idea.
But I will also say it will be just another in a long line of bandage mods for features that shouldn't rely on mods. Frames designed to tank with health need an innate form of health restoration(Saryn, Valkyr, we're talking about you). This mod would be for whoever wants to play non-health tanks as pseudo health tanks though, guys like Rhino and Frost who have the stats to tank with health, but are much more suited to tank using shields and abilities.  
Other than number tweaks, it's pretty good.

Edited by LukeAura

You're welcome! 
Would also work great with shield recharge speed mods, and if they ever come up with a mod that reduces shield recharge delay. 
Really it could be a whole new style of taking damage with the three combined. 
Pop out of combat for just a second and you can get right back in again with renewed shields and health. It'd be great. 

Sounds interesting and worthwhile, at least on paper. That being said, this should be tested at the very least. Good job finding a way to introduce health regen, but keep it interesting.

Yeah I wish I could test, I have no doubt those values would have to be tweaked one way or another. I'll somehow make sure it continues to be interesting :P thanks for your feedback.