Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Ever?

Goatman

Warframe has without a doubt the most solid shooting and gameplay mechanics of any free to play game I have ever seen. As such I think it would be a waste for this game to not include pvp of some sort.

I understand the problems that pvp would create, but from a gameplay perspective and a bussiness model perspective I think it's a no brainer. So let's look at some pros and cons.

Pros:

-Longevity-give players a very concrete reason to level up and gear up.

-Fun-self explanatory.

-Unique gameplay- not many shooters have such weapon and class diversity.

-Unique gameplay modes- With so many abilities and weapons combined witht the 3rd person perspective this game could have very fun and unique multiplayer modes. Some players would run around with a sword others would snipe etc..

-PvP rewards- Players would be able to progress their characters through pvp.

Cons:

-Balance- this is the biggest one. If the game isn't well balanced IE certain classes are too powerful or certain weapons, players will feel obligated to buy that class/weapon. If these players are truly of a free-to-play mindset they may just not bother with MP.

-Grouping/brackets- Not all level 1s are created equal, and certainly not equal to a max level character. PvP would have to be bracketed, and even then players who bought items will have an advantage.

- PvP vs PvE- If some items are too powerful in pvp they may be nerfed and this affects PvE.

There are many, many more. Like I said I think this game would be a waste without some form of PvP, but DE probably has bigger fish to fry ATM. I hope that it makes its way in some form to the game.

Oh look, has it already been another week? :P

https://forums.warfr...stions-for-pvp/

Currently, there are no plans to add pvp to Warframe.

Here's a quote directly from the developer FAQ regarding this:

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

-

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

-

If you would like to discuss your ideas for or the idea of pvp in general, please use the off-topic forum to do so.

You can also use the search function found in the top right of the forum (making sure you've selected 'Forums' and not 'Thread' or 'Members').

Please bear in mind that you cannot search for word with less than four letters, so searching for "pvp" alone will not generate any results.

I don't think they will have PvP, but they are planning a new type of "meta" and that will make Warframe quite different than all the other games that have PvP. Personally there are so many games that have PvP and I was never much of a PvP player, due to many reasons, like gear, connection, balance, game mechanics. A game has to be built up differently to include PvP or at least the time spent on making and balancing PvP could be spent on building a better PvE instead. (What I think)

Warframe has without a doubt the most solid shooting and gameplay mechanics of any free to play game I have ever seen. As such I think it would be a waste for this game to not include pvp of some sort.

I understand the problems that pvp would create, but from a gameplay perspective and a bussiness model perspective I think it's a no brainer. So let's look at some pros and cons.

Pros:

-Longevity-give players a very concrete reason to level up and gear up.

-Fun-self explanatory.

-Unique gameplay- not many shooters have such weapon and class diversity.

-Unique gameplay modes- With so many abilities and weapons combined witht the 3rd person perspective this game could have very fun and unique multiplayer modes. Some players would run around with a sword others would snipe etc..

-PvP rewards- Players would be able to progress their characters through pvp.

Cons:

-Balance- this is the biggest one. If the game isn't well balanced IE certain classes are too powerful or certain weapons, players will feel obligated to buy that class/weapon. If these players are truly of a free-to-play mindset they may just not bother with MP.

-Grouping/brackets- Not all level 1s are created equal, and certainly not equal to a max level character. PvP would have to be bracketed, and even then players who bought items will have an advantage.

- PvP vs PvE- If some items are too powerful in pvp they may be nerfed and this affects PvE.

There are many, many more. Like I said I think this game would be a waste without some form of PvP, but DE probably has bigger fish to fry ATM. I hope that it makes its way in some form to the game.

Considering those missions where you have to pickup a data cartridge and move around reduced to using just a melee weapon or your side arm I could totally see a CTF PVP mode being worked in fairly easily.

However 'PVP' balance opens a whole new can of worms, unless DE goes the easy(er) route and makes the 'balance' rock-paper-scissors. Which honestly I'm totally fine with, as I'm used to playing paper after nearly 2 decades of playing caster/support/medic options.