The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Official Unofficial Pvp Thread.

CosyPigeon

This discussion sounds for me like a automobile company which bought a bicycle one and thinks now, how to implement engines into them, "becouse without them its just boring".

ITT: Guys which bought the wrong game for themselves, I guess?

Not really. I enjoy the PVE aspect of the game, I would also enjoy PVP in this game if it where available. It's possible to enjoy\want both you know.

• 4 weeks later...

HOW!?!??!?!?

Just a usual PVE fanboy that doesn't even understand what P2W even means. There is nothing in this game that is P2W. Everything can be farmed except cosmetics, warframe slots, and weapon slots. 

Here is a topic I made prior to finding this thread. It was shortly locked afterwards. I believe I self locked it from reporting spam like the post you quoted above :) 

If you don't care about PVP take your fingers and staple them together before writing spam in a PVP thread that is for people who just want to talk about what they could do with PVP. 

Also for all you Noobs who want leaderboards. You do realize that PVP means Player Versus Player. This does not mean that you have to be shooting or stabbing each other to death. This means any sort of competition between two or more players. Whether its climbing PVE ladder exp boards, seeing who can do the fastest full clear maps, or even who can get to the furthest level in defense missions. Those are all PVP kiddos. 

Anyways here is my topic that got closed down shortly after: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40745-lets-talk-pvp/#entry393272

Edit: For everyone spamming my thread. Please Re-Read the Faq if you gonna complain. No where does it state they will not incorporate PVP.  It is stated that is not of their concern at the moment, but that doesn't mean I can't have real conversations with others in regards to possible PVP in the future.

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

Hello,

This may be the wrong section so if any Moderators are out there please move this to the correct section. 

First of I am a new player and haven't played every map in every world. Few things are keeping me back from spending time progressing; like having to spend real money on warframe/weapon slots, but patiently waiting to see if they get a hint to lower their plat prices or allowing them to be purchased by a high amount of in game currency. 

However this topic is made for my ideas I have on PvP.

I am someone who has been looking for a game to spend multiple hours on. I am a huge RPG, MMO, and MOBA player. However went I got into consoles FPS one of my first games was Halo. I played each and everyone except for the last one released. At that point I was tired of Sci-Fi shooters and felt there wasn't going to be a progression for sci-fi shooters anymore. 

Sorry for the story, but I am trying to explain my love for this game so far. I love this @(*()$ game right now.  I love the farming aspect of it and everything from Warframes, blueprints, maps, levels, enemies all the way down to the UI.  I really am creating high hopes which may be a downfall for myself. Anyways going to get to the point.

Warframe needs to have a fun balanced PVP system. 

First off in most FPS and just a lot of games overall balance is key.

Complaints I already see coming:

Certain Mods are overpowered.

Certain Warframe skills are overpowered (Ultimately meaning certain Warframes are overpowered)

Certain Weapons are overpowered

Certain Weapon Mods are overpowered

In order to eliminate a few of these big complaints:

Remove Weapon Mods from PVP.

-If your not going to remove them then, everyone should have the same level fusion when entering PVP. 

All weapons should be balanced in damage and just mimic what they do. I will use halo as an example. Snipers 1 - 2 shot, assault rifles usually take a full clip with a melee hit ect ect. You should have an idea of this if your adding this to pvp. You need to define on what weapons burst shields more then others ect ect so its balanced. Otherwise your going to get full games of snipers. 

Remove Warframe Skills

-This is a big one because everyone loves the skills a warframe does. 

But how could you do this when it defines a character? 

I am unsure I have talked with others and thought about it myself multiple times. We have come up with a lot of different ways you could adjust the ability mods in a warframe to make it balanced, but there is so many key factors because each warframe is so different. 

If Ability's are kept then some serious balancing will need to take place in order to prevent full games with the same warframes lol. Good luck cause this will break or make the game in most eyes.

Maps:

Also I think you guys have a great set of maps already. You could easily use all the defense mission maps for multiplayer pvp maps. They all are great and have interactive environment such as zip lines and elevators that slide from left to right or up and down.  

Gameplay Types:

#Deathmatch (4v4 -5v5 25-50 Kills to Win)

#CTF (Instead of CTF I think it would be a cool concept to use your hostage missions) You should go and get a hostage out of a room across the map which needs to be hacked into, then you have to safely bring him back to base. In that case you could add an additional ability for each player to capture back their hostage. 

#Search and Destroy (I definately think you could come up with a similar play style for SnD. I think you again should have to go through a hacking process to plant the bomb. At least a 6-8 tile hack map)

#FFA (Free for all ranging from 20-30 Kills)

#BTD (Standard Big Team Death Match ranging from 8v8 maybe to a 15v15 with a 100-175 Kills to win)

You get the general idea of common FPS multiplayer modes. 

You are attracting a lot of RPG/MMO players with your farm style type game as well. I think it would be really cool to also have a competive PVE side to this game. Instead of a crazy list I'll just name a few off my head.

Full Clear Maps (Fully clear maps and either have a high point system based off headshots / multikills ect ect or have a timer for competitive ladder)

Hack style Maps (Faster hackers or who can hack the most within a certain period of time ect ect)

Defense style (ranked or ladder type with multiple waves ect ect)

Anyways I can think of so many PVE styles we would be here for days. 

Weapons

I would like to see others opinions on not allowing a pre-load for weapon choice. Although there is cons like rushing to get a sniper or something found in the map, but it was a great idea a long time ago that got taken away from lazy players who prefer load outs. 

Don't get me wrong I played COD4 competitively for years and played every COD after that religiously so don't give me no S#&$ about not having pre-loads. I loved them in COD, but I loved the whole concept of going to kill that guy in the back of the map with the sniper.  I think random weapon spawns in the map should be considered. 

Anyways I see a ton of flaming and complaints, but I want to sum up my ideas below for people who hate to read.

My thoughts:

1.Remove Abilities or figure out some AMAZING balancing for Warframes 

2.If your not balancing or removing abilities create a map type that doesn't allow mods or abilities :)

3.Weapon Mods should all be same fusion level no matter what your fusion level is outside of pvp

4.Weapon Damages need to be balanced (according to shield/health damage)

5.Health / Shields to be at a set amount no matter what it is outside of pvp

6.Use your defense maps for multiplayer maps to prevent wasted time and focus that time into balancing. 

7.Consider Random Spawn Weapons on Map while only starting with a Pistol / Melee Weapon

If your gonna complain about me referring to Halo:

In no way shape or form am I a Halo Fanboy. I play COD mofos. I despise Halo, however this is a Sci-Fi game and Halo had some great ideas on gameplay that can easily be added to this game. I am talking mechanics not trying to say anything other then that. 

Sorry for any typo's or bad grammer as I usually write on forums at work and don't have time to proof-read. :)

All Spam or Flame ignored and reported. This topic is meant for some serious idea's and thoughts on PvP in hopes that devs or moderators will read and consider. If you want a game to succeed usually giving an honest answer or idea is usually viewed while bullS#&$ complaints or rants are ignored. 

Edited by Motox831

@RawMelon789: DERebecca has expressly allowed this thread, in this section. To prevent things from getting out of hand, please only post in this thread if you're going to add to the conversation.

@Everyone else: Please keep things civil and on-topic. If this turns into a flamewar thread we will lock it. I shall leave Rawmelon789's post up as an example of what not to post. Thanks.

Okay, the way I see it is rather simple. Keep the game seriously focused on PVE, make it clear that its how the game was, is and will always be approached and prioritized. However, there is an obvious, even desperate maybe, demand for PVP among the player base.

The devs are already giving in with the future addition of duels/sparring in dojos. That should be the most that it can go. Keep whatever further PVP element expansions within that idea, within the dojo. Imo there is no need for it to go as far as implementing game modes other than perhaps 1v1, TDA, FFA(?). All this should be kept friendly, things that involve hardcore PVP competition like leaderboards, ladders and so on should be kept out.

Unless of course it turns out the devs manage to make it all work pretty damn well and awesome without dropping the ball on PVE. In which case by they can by all means go far as they want with PVP, be it with hardcore PVP-specific skill/weapon balances and reworks, game modes, maps and all that.

Just don't start turning the game into GunZ or whatever.

Edited by fuiseh

Okay, the way I see it is rather simple. Keep the game seriously focused on PVE, make it clear that its how the game was, is and will always be approached and prioritized. However, there is an obvious, even desperate maybe, demand for PVP among the player base.

The devs are already giving in with the future addition of duels/sparring in dojos. That should be the most that it can go. Keep whatever further PVP element expansions within that idea, within the dojo. Imo there is no need for it to go as far as implementing game modes other than perhaps 1v1, TDA, FFA(?). All this should be kept friendly, things that involve hardcore PVP competition like leaderboards, ladders and so on should be kept out.

Unless of course it turns out the devs manage to make it all work pretty damn well and awesome without dropping the ball on PVE, in which case by all means. Just don't start turning the game into GunZ or whatever.

This discussion thread is for people that want to talk about what they could do with PVP. Your post is considered spam in my eye's. Its irrelevent and trying to argue whether or not they should or shouldn't implement PvP. 

I think skills is what defines a Warframe. People want it removed but I think if they should make a PVP version of the skills.

It'll automatically be adjusted to 1 rank and only 1 rank and will be atoned to a PVP Version for balance purposes.

As for non-skill warframe mods, I think those should not be allowed in PVP.

This discussion thread is for people that want to talk about what they could do with PVP. Your post is considered spam in my eye's. Its irrelevent and trying to argue whether or not they should or shouldn't implement PvP. 

No, that would've been pointless as they are already going to implement PVP, however much dojo duels/sparring is considered so.

My post was to express my opinion that they shouldn't go too far with it, that I'd like to have PVP as well as long as its kept simple without PVE being less focused on. Obviously DE can go all out with the balances, game modes, and so on if they decide to. Edited my earlier post further clarify.

Someone posted this before, since it's a brilliant idea, I want to repost it:
Give us control over the opposing factons:Grineer, Corpus and Infested
This will allow usage of different classes and will not cause problems with balancing.
Every player can have a custom faction class, which can only use class-specific weapons.
Two teams of two opposing factions (Corpus VS Infesed or any other way) would battle for a specific solar landmark.The faction that wins, recieves dominance of the landmark which raises with every round won.When the landmark is in full control of a specific faction, it is unable to be attacked during a certain time.Controlling the landmark gives bonuses during future fights in the captured location.

Any players will be able to gather up a team in order to attack a landmark.The members of the opposing faction will recieve real-time alerts about the attack and join the defense forces if they want to.

This is currently everything I could tthink of, please slap in some suggestions. :3

Someone posted this before, since it's a brilliant idea, I want to repost it:

Give us control over the opposing factons:Grineer, Corpus and Infested

This will allow usage of different classes and will not cause problems with balancing.

Every player can have a custom faction class, which can only use class-specific weapons.

Two teams of two opposing factions (Corpus VS Infesed or any other way) would battle for a specific solar landmark.The faction that wins, recieves dominance of the landmark which raises with every round won.When the landmark is in full control of a specific faction, it is unable to be attacked during a certain time.Controlling the landmark gives bonuses during future fights in the captured location.

Any players will be able to gather up a team in order to attack a landmark.The members of the opposing faction will recieve real-time alerts about the attack and join the defense forces if they want to.

This is currently everything I could tthink of, please slap in some suggestions. :3

I quite like that idea, sounds a little like Planetside.

No, that would've been pointless as they are already going to implement PVP, however much dojo duels/sparring is considered so.

My post was to express my opinion that they shouldn't go too far with it, that I'd like to have PVP as well as long as its kept simple without PVE being less focused on. Obviously DE can go all out with the balances, game modes, and so on if they decide to. Edited my earlier post further clarify.

I have bolded a few things from a quote on your first post that makes you feel as if your post is against Pvp. Please maybe explain to me how these points aren't arguing the fact whether to implement full pvp into the game or not to. 

Quote:

"Okay, the way I see it is rather simple. Keep the game seriously focused on PVE, make it clear that its how the game was, is and will always be approached and prioritized. However, there is an obvious, even desperate maybe, demand for PVP among the player base.

The devs are already giving in with the future addition of duels/sparring in dojos. That should be the most that it can go. Keep whatever further PVP element expansions within that idea, within the dojo. Imo there is no need for it to go as far as implementing game modes other than perhaps 1v1, TDA, FFA(?). All this should be kept friendly, things that involve hardcore PVP competition like leaderboards, ladders and so on should be kept out."

How can you argue with these statements? You are anti-Pvp. Your arguements aren't supporting adding pvp to this thread other then friendly 1v1's. Your also requesting to not have things such as leaderboards or ladders. You do understand that there is such a thing as PVE PVP ? A lot of people often misunderstand the concept of PVP. If they have leader boards for PVE events or maps then this will create PVP. It is players trying to out play others in a competition. 

Like I said do you see how your post is creating an argument between PvP oriented players and yourself as a PVE oriented player? This is why the Med requested for people that don't want PvP to not spam or post here. Please respect the request. The discussion is accepted and I am keeping this friendly and hope you don't take me offensively in any way. I love discussing what they should and shouldn't do with PvP, but PvE fans need to respect that we are trying to talk about PvP.

They have a very smooth PvE aspect to the game which I am 100% for and don't want to see them stray away from it at this moment for PVP. I want them to be completely focused on PvE and let us play around with 1v1's for awhile to do test and come up with more detail idea's on what they could do like the post above me with a "Left for Dead" aspect of PvP. 

-sniped-

Ookay. Okay. I was hoping you'd let this drop after my reply to your earlier post. My original post was apparently extremely misleading, and I apologize for that.

When I brought up ladders and scoreboards what I meant was PVP-specific ones, of course I know theres player competition when PVE boards(ala fusion moa ones) are implemented. I know I'd try that much harder for the next event just because there are scoreboards now. That is fine, I like that. However I am not anti PVP, just perhaps anti hardcore PVP.

No offense taken, I respect how much you care for this topic, PVP and all but man please let this slide. Or you can pm me if you really want to discuss further.

Ookay. Okay. I was hoping you'd let this drop after my reply to your earlier post. My original post was apparently extremely misleading, and I apologize for that.

When I brought up ladders and scoreboards what I meant was PVP-specific ones, of course I know theres player competition when PVE boards(ala fusion moa ones) are implemented. I know I'd try that much harder for the next event just because there are scoreboards now. That is fine, I like that. However I am not anti PVP, just perhaps anti hardcore PVP.

No offense taken, I respect how much you care for this topic, PVP and all but man please let this slide. Or you can pm me if you really want to discuss further.

Gotcha makes much more sense now. I would honestly really like to see some more PVE based leader boards to keep that PVP sense of climbing the ranks while waiting to test out 1v1's and such. I think they should implement a leader board for over all experience gained, fastest map clears, fastest chiper hack times, and the biggest one would be to add a defense mode that goes infinite levels and see who can last the longest. That right there would satisfy a lot of PVP players I think. 

Yeah added PVE leaderboards will definitely give more friendly competition to keep PVP hungry players happy for awhile.

As for PVP, I'm just curious as to how warframe abilities/differently ranked/modded guns & frames will play out. If no hard balancing is to be implemented, they can do a few things with duels:

1. Agreement for potentially imbalanced matches: Duels involving players with imbalanced loadouts say, player A with rank 30 Ash using rank 30 weapons against player B with rank 10 Ash using rank 10 weapons(or mixed ranks but still imbalanced). Some might like a challenge, who knows.

2. Only roughly equally ranked loadouts incl. potatoes in matches: Basically it, make it so players equipping equally ranked, or close to, warframes and weapons can start duels against each other.

3. Implement universal duel loadouts: Not sure if universal is the right word but. Force players to drop own loadouts for basic, duel specific warframe(s?) and weapons for duels. Choice of different weapon types but all unranked. Choice(or none) of different warframes but all unranked, perhaps with increased but equal shields/hp for duels. Imo this helps with balance issues, but it probably won't be much fun.

All this is still under 1v1/TDA situations. Its hard to imagine having even basic proper PVP without some real balancing involved though.

Edited by fuiseh

Yeah added PVE leaderboards will definitely give more friendly competition to keep PVP hungry players happy for awhile.

As for PVP, I'm just curious as to how warframe abilities/differently ranked/modded guns & frames will play out. If no hard balancing is to be implemented, they can do a few things with duels:

1. Agreement for potentially imbalanced matches: Duels involving players with imbalanced loadouts say, player A with rank 30 Ash using rank 30 weapons against player B with rank 10 Ash using rank 10 weapons(or mixed ranks but still imbalanced). Some might like a challenge, who knows.

2. Only roughly equally ranked loadouts incl. potatoes in matches: Basically it, make it so players equipping equally ranked, or close to, warframes and weapons can start duels against each other.

3. Implement universal duel loadouts: Not sure if universal is the right word but. Force players to drop own loadouts for basic, duel specific warframe(s?) and weapons for duels. Choice of different weapon types but all unranked. Choice(or none) of different warframes but all unranked, perhaps with increased but equal shields/hp for duels. Imo this helps with balance issues, but it probably won't be much fun.

All this is still under 1v1/TDA situations. Its hard to imagine having even basic proper PVP without some real balancing involved though.

Yeah of course I agree with you on many levels. I have a very long post on here on  a previous page. 

I actually really like to PvP... in other games.  In a game like this, where PvE is the focus and cooperation is a big factor, I don't personally see a place for PvP.  If it got added, I just wouldn't participate, and that's fine.  However, if DE started balancing around PvP and that started affecting me in PvE I'd stop playing.

It's a fine line to walk to include both PvP and PvE.  Some people will do both but some will only do one or the other.  If both are meaningful with rewards, some players will feel forced to do both regardless.  That could make them bitter.  If one or the other was the only way to aquire certain things (e.g. only PvE alerts give X item), someone would get upset even if the powers were separately balanced between PvE and PvP.

Plus, and I know this from personal experience, PvP brings out the d-bags.  (I quite seriously turn into a jerk when I PvP.)

Shortly:

suggestions:

1) pvp left4dead style.

2) pvp double-defense (dota) style.

3) arenas in dojo 2v2, 3v3, FFA for fun.

4) pvp without mods only (frames weapons and everything turns unranked when you join)

5) pvp with rank 30 everything only (does not let you join if something equipped is not 30)

6) damage cap against players in pvp (no single instance of damage can exceed X when it hits a player)

7) pvp-like events

I actually really like to PvP... in other games.  In a game like this, where PvE is the focus and cooperation is a big factor, I don't personally see a place for PvP.  If it got added, I just wouldn't participate, and that's fine.  However, if DE started balancing around PvP and that started affecting me in PvE I'd stop playing.

It's a fine line to walk to include both PvP and PvE.  Some people will do both but some will only do one or the other.  If both are meaningful with rewards, some players will feel forced to do both regardless.  That could make them bitter.  If one or the other was the only way to aquire certain things (e.g. only PvE alerts give X item), someone would get upset even if the powers were separately balanced between PvE and PvP.

Plus, and I know this from personal experience, PvP brings out the d-bags.  (I quite seriously turn into a jerk when I PvP.)

Yeah or they could just have separate match making for PvP and PvE to please both sides of players. 

Allowing patching for both instances keeping things separate.

Of course this would only be possible if the game gets big.  

I think we need a hand-holding mode.

No, but seriously, i had seen a preview and some gameplay of this, and saw a random person recommend it, so i figured "sure why not."

While installing (as i write this), i jump to forums and see "No PvP."

/bummed

I guess i'll check it out anyway... even if only to observe the fruits of the labors of developers building something neat.

I shall levy my first criticism of Warframe, thusly: "WARFRAME!? Y U NO PVP!?" (note: i realize there are various arguments against including pvp in any game, and none of them have ever convinced me that i don't enjoy it.)