Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Beef With Damage 2.0 And Recent Buffs/nerfs

InvaderMEEN

Damage 2.0 was a really good start, it fixed a lot of issues with Damage 1.0: Rainbow builds, and everyone using the same 4 or 5 weapons.

But now that we've had to live with Damage 2.0 for a while, and it seems to me that we already need a Damage 3.0.

Here are my main beefs with Damage 2.0, in a comedic context:

Damage 1.0 Shields: Hello everyone! I'm Shields. I provide variety to enemies and a decent supplement to the enemy's health bar, making them a fun challenge!

Damage 2.0 Shields: PUNY MORTAL, I AM THE HEALTH BAR!

Damage 1.0 Shotguns/Hand Cannons: I'm really depressed. I just got nerfed recently, effectively eliminating a whole category of weapons from the Hall of Fame.

Damage 2.0 Shotguns/Hand Cannons: It's ok. Don't pay any attention to me. I'll just be crying here in the corner until I get a fix...

Damage 1.0 Mod Builds: LIGHT THEM ON FIRE, FREEZE THEM TO DEATH, ELECTROCUTE THEM, AND THEN COMPLETELY IGNORE THEIR ARMOR!

Damage 2.0 Mod Builds: SPECIALIZE ALL THE WEAPONS!! If you don't focus entirely on one faction, then YOU'RE DUMB!

Damage 1.0 Event Exclusive Weapons (i.e. Brakk, Strun Wraith, Snipetron Vandal): Sup? Thanks for proving your devotion to the game by pouring in tons of hours into an event. I'm your kick-butt reward.

Damage 2.0 Event Exclusive Weapons: Hey! Thanks for sacrificing your social life! Here's a marshmallow gun!

Damage 1.0 Tenno Reinforcement Weapons: Yo! I'm here to spice up Warframe with more variety! Prepare for a different playstyle!

Damage 2.0 Tenno Reinforcement Weapons: Yo! I'm like that other weapon, with slightly different stats and a skin! (cough cough Magnus. Seriously, Magnus needs a buff so it encourages me to play with it instead of Dual Vastos).

Damage 1.0 Single Swords: Ever wanted to kill an enemy with a POOL NOODLE? Prepare yourself! It takes 50 hits, but it's worth the bragging rights! (not really)

Damage 2.0 Single Swords: There's only 5 of us, and we're still pretty crap!

Damage 1.0 End Game: Got any Event Exclusives? If not, talk to Acrid, Soma, and Orthos Prime. They'll set you up, man!

Damage 2.0 End Game: End Game? Who's End Game?

(EDIT: End-game shouldn't be restricted to one mission. I'm talking to you, Palus!)

Damage 1.0 Scaling: It's as simple as this: The higher the level, the more difficult they are. I have a wide gradient, with the hardest being level 140s.

Damage 2.0: Going beyond wave 20 of Defense? I'M SENDING THE ULTIMATES NOW!!

Damage 1.0 Ultimate Warframe Abilities (otherwise known as the 4th ability): While I do require a lot of power, I do repay you by raining down death apon those who seek to slay you.

Damage 2.0 Ultimate Warframe Abilities: Who needs high-power ulitmates when you can have mildly powerful ones that are spammable?

There we go. If you guys have any other problems with Warframe you'd like me to write about, post it below. Thanks for reading my alternatively presented rant.

Edited by InvaderMEEN

Damage 1.0 Single Swords: Ever wanted to kill an enemy with a POOL NOODLE? Prepare yourself! It takes 50 hits, but it's worth the bragging rights! (not really)

Damage 2.0 Single Swords: There's only 5 of us, and we're still pretty crap!

Dude that's not only swords. Galatine and orthos are pretty much what melee should be, and everything else has fallen behind AND WHY THE F*** DE DIDN't YOU BUFF ALL OF IT ON DMG 2.0

like why? what's the point to delay it.

and event weapons don't suck.

Edited by Aure7

and event weapons don't suck.

Yes, but the whole idea of event weapons was something not only recognizable, but a symbol of power and dedication. An event-exclusive weapon should stand out from all other weapons, and be worthy of respect and admiration because of it's power. Not just a skin over an already-existing weapon.

Edited by InvaderMEEN

Damage 1.0 Mod Builds: LIGHT THEM ON FIRE, FREEZE THEM TO DEATH, ELECTROCUTE THEM, AND THEN COMPLETELY IGNORE THEIR ARMOR!

Damage 2.0 Mod Builds: SPECIALIZE ALL THE WEAPONS!! If you don't focus entirely on one faction, then YOU'RE DUMB!

Hard-counter rock-paper-scissors game mechanics is FUN!!!  As proven by many a game before!

*watches as the entire StarCraft 2 pro-scene dies*

Yes, but the whole idea of event weapons was something not only recognizable, but a symbol of power and dedication. An event-exclusive weapon should stand out from all other weapons, and be worthy of respect and admiration because of it's power. Not just a skin over an already-existing weapon.

No, an event weapon is a symbol of dedication, it should not be better than every other weapon in game (Brakk)

And the hand cannon comment in the op, there was really only one hand cannon before 2.0 and it was the highest damage weapon in game.

Damage 1.0 Shotguns/Hand Cannons: I'm really depressed. I just got nerfed recently, effectively eliminating a whole category of weapons from the Hall of Fame.

Damage 2.0 Shotguns/Hand Cannons: It's ok. Don't pay any attention to me. I'll just be crying here in the corner until I get a fix...

Damage 1.0 Event Exclusive Weapons (i.e. Brakk, Strun Wraith, Snipetron Vandal): Sup? Thanks for proving your devotion to the game by pouring in tons of hours into an event. I'm your kick-butt reward.

Damage 2.0 Event Exclusive Weapons: Hey! Thanks for sacrificing your social life! Here's a marshmallow gun!

Damage 1.0 End Game: Got any Event Exclusives? If not, talk to Acrid, Soma, and Orthos Prime. They'll set you up, man!

Damage 2.0 End Game: End Game? Who's End Game?

(EDIT: End-game shouldn't be restricted to one mission. I'm talking to you, Palus!)

There we go. If you guys have any other problems with Warframe you'd like me to write about, post it below. Thanks for reading my alternatively presented rant.

Excellent Post and Spot on -

Cheers

So tired of having the decent weapons that actually have potential in this game being nerfed due the pervasive mind set that "well i did not get that toy for Christmas so you cant have it either - mommy mommy it is OP OP OP"

The End game comments are spot on too. - Bravo

There are nightmare missions on Pluto.  And there are endless defense missions on Pluto.

Why dont all you pro gamers tell us what OP weapon you use to carry your team through wave 15 on Outer Terminus - or through some nightmare missions (and not Palus).

Notice - unless there is a special alert on the outer system - it is a tomb out there.  Last night the population count on the inner three planets was 60 and the count on the outer 3 was 5!!

That is a 12 to 1 ratio in a mature game where players should be enjoying the end game outer system missions - but they are not.

Why?

Because after the nerfs and Dam 2 and the up scaling of the enemies it is simply not playable for the majority of the players and they are choosing to stay in the inner system.

The real players are voting daily with their feet in the game itself.  They are not living in forum land spamming with thousands of OP OP OP posts.

That tomb like environment is very likely to spread inward if someone at DE does not wake up to the concept that in all games like this powerful enemies require powerful weapons and powerful frames. 

And if some one chooses to carry a weapon or mods a warfame meant for nightmare Pluto back to normal Earth - then of course it will look "Un-Balanced" and OP. 

So Stop taking these weapons back to earth and then bawling about OP OP OP.

No, an event weapon is a symbol of dedication, it should not be better than every other weapon in game (Brakk)

Well that is your personal opinion.

I and many others disagree - period.

These event weapons absolutely should outshine all the others.

Especially given the absence of decent powerful weapons in this game.

Special event weapons are premium, special, unique rewards and are dearly earned.

If you missed the event for that weapon - be patient - be dedicated and attend the next event where another special weapon will be made available.

Try again.

The problem is that since every special event weapon has been nerfed by the "mommy mommy unfair OP OP" whiners - it is highly likely that event participation is going to fall off exponentially.

Because at this point there has been absolutely consistent negative reinforcement for participation in the events.

As to the point of exclusivity of decent powerful potentially end game weapons - I 100% embrace the concept that powerful weapons should not be exclusively special event weapons.

Just because a special event weapon is super powerful does not mean that other weapons can not also be super powerful. 

DE should make decent end game weapons available though some method - be it in the dojo (which if you are not a clan member then build your own! it is possible), or perhaps in the market for very high credit and resource cost, or as random drops through out the entire game (please for gods' sake no more T3 capture drops).

Sadly-  again - the pervasive problem is the constant howling of a small group of heavy posters who want all the weapons to be limited to a narrow range of damage.  That means effectively that we use the same peashooter on level 65 nightmare corpus enemies on Pluto that we used on level one Grineer on Mercury - Oh and it can not look OP OP OP on Mercury either.

That is what is breaking this game - not any mythical OP weapons.

thanks

Damage 1.0 Shields: Hello everyone! I'm Shields. I provide variety to enemies and a decent supplement to the enemy's health bar, making them a fun challenge!

Damage 2.0 Shields: PUNY MORTAL, I AM THE HEALTH BAR!

A single faction has shields. And Mag cheaply removes them all, in a giant radius.

Corrosive/Blast - Corrosive/Fire - Corrosive - Fire gives you lots of versatility depending on the available elemental slots.

Damage 1.0 Ultimate Warframe Abilities (otherwise known as the 4th ability): While I do require a lot of power, I do repay you by raining down death apon those who seek to slay you.

Damage 2.0 Ultimate Warframe Abilities: Who needs high-power ulitmates when you can have mildly powerful ones that are spammable?

Huh?

Notice - unless there is a special alert on the outer system - it is a tomb out there.  Last night the population count on the inner three planets was 60 and the count on the outer 3 was 5!!

That is a 12 to 1 ratio in a mature game where players should be enjoying the end game outer system missions - but they are not.

Why?

Because carrying pubbies who are leveling fresh weapons and frames is no fun? People tend to do these in private games with friends or clannies.

Because after the nerfs and Dam 2 and the up scaling of the enemies it is simply not playable for the majority of the players and they are choosing to stay in the inner system.

The real players are voting daily with their feet in the game itself.  They are not living in forum land spamming with thousands of OP OP OP posts.

There's never been a ton of people in Pluto. Been playing since closed beta. If you seriously think the Brakk nerf has made Pluto missions too hard . . .

That is still no reason for event weapons to be grossly out of balance, like the Brakk was...