Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Woes Of Making A Ripline Entry

Rathie

Hey there,

so making a entry for this contest was actually harder (and more frustrating then I thought).

I'll keep this short.

After that mission I have the sound of the gorgon constantly firing at me stuck in my head, I fear when I go to sleep a Heavy gunner will run in smack the floor and run away again. 

Anyway here is a video I made quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIQLNhYFqeg

Edit: Thanks Angius :)

Edited by Rathie

I watched the first 25 seconds and figured you must absolutely hate that rolling feature. 

Yeah, auto roll and heavy gunners made it difficult quiet a few times, admittedly it could look good stringed together with a nice move but it got me in a bit of trouble :P

Yeah... Ripline isn't really an amazing skill for damage or anything else. It seems like it's strength is supposed to be it's versatility, but all the cool things you imagine doing with it when you read the description quickly go out the window in practice.

You can't pull enemies up a level because they bang into the ledge and stop. You can't travel with it because you stop short and fall. You can't initiate or escape because it has no stun immunity. What travel you can do isn't fluid because of auto roll. IIRC it even pulled me right up to a shield Grineer instead of ripping his shield off and doing damage, and he promptly shield bashed me right back to where I came from. Can't pull downed players. I hear it bugs out capture targets, never tried a rescue target.

Kind of funny really. It works fine, but I consider it one of the most broken skills I've ever seen put into a game.

Edited by VKhaun