The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi Everyone, Can Someone Help A New Player Get His Head Around This Game?

(PSN)Arrogance-Malice

Started playing at launch and am really enjoying it but I really have no idea what I am doing, prehaps you vets can help me?

How do I download the get the PSN+ pack, I don;t see it on the store?

I am on Venus, what weapons etc should I be making if any?

How do I level up? I read you have to do a test but how?

What is forma and polarity?

What are keys?

What are the benefits of clans?

What are do the levels or Warframes and weapons do?

How do mods work?

Is there anything else I qould do well to know?

I have been reading the wiki but it isn't making much sense to me, I just feel overwhelmed, I know if you guys could help me with the thses questions I will be on my way to understanding the game better.

... no offence but when time comes i hope i will not see you on let say Kappa.

I am on Venus:

As it now you can do fine with Mk-1 braton. Just use right mods. Like stormbringer.

How do i level up:

On the upper left part of the screen you can see lotus picture or your avatar, this is your profile. there you can take mastery tests when you have enough mastery points. mastery points you gain for leveling weapons or frames once to rank 30.

What is forma and polarity:

Polarity is a special mark on the mod, you can see in upper right part of the mod card. If you insert V polarity mod with cost of 14 points to V polarity slot, cost will be reduced in two. So mod will consume only 7 points instead of 14.

V- combat polarity

D-defensive

- - tactical/utility

-- - warframe powers polarity

Forma - is a thingy that allows you to change polarity of slots on weapons and frames. You also need this thingy to build Dojo and Clan Tech weapons.

What are keys:

You need those if you want to get to special places like Orokin Derelict, Orokin Void or Dojo.

What are the benefits of Clans:

Mob rules. Ah!.. also Clan Tech weapons from Labs.

What are do the levels? or warframes? and weapons? do?:

anyway i assume it is about rank of the weapons or frame. Frames are weapons are capped on 30 rank. Rank= mod points. More points more mods you can have.

How do mods work:

They just do. Serration mod adds damage to a rifle. Your weapon deals 20 damage, you swap your maxed serraration on it - now you have 53 damage. About mechanics in general read wiki.

Is there anything else:

Yes you should read wiki.

Edited by Althix

Your goal right now should be clearing the solar map.

Complete every mission one time, not nightmare or alert, just regular.

When you rank a weapon or warframe up (0 -> 30) you get 'Mastery Rank' displayed as a progress bar at the top of the UI on the main menu screens. When this bar fills you click it and it offers you a test. If you pass you go up a rank. If you fail you DO NOT LOSE ANYTHING but you must wait a day or so to try the test again.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

"Shields" = blue health bars, usually on Corpus.

"Armor" = yellow health bars, usually on Grineer.

"Flesh" = Grineer red health bar after armor is gone.

"Robotic" = Corpus red bar after shields are gone.

"Infested" = Infested red bars.

Important Note: The Warframe wiki is very, very good.  http://warframe.wikia.com/

How do I download the get the PSN+ pack, I don;t see it on the store?

Sorry cannot help you here. I am PC. 

I am on Venus, what weapons etc should I be making if any?

Venus is mainly a Corpus controlled area. So anything with impact damage type. Look at the warframe wiki. Most shotguns have high Impact damage. For melee, I like the Kestrel. It is a boomerang. 

Pre-Damage/Armor Corpus are weak against electricity. 

How do I level up? I read you have to do a test but how?

There are 2 "level up" mechanics in the game. Mastery and Weapon/Warframe. Weapons and Warframe level up from unranked to 30. That experience is copied to the Mastery (Weapons give 100 xp to Mastery/Warframes give 200 xp).  At 30, you can forma Warframes and Weapons. When you are ready to level your mastery it will pulse. 

What is forma and polarity?

This question is complicated so bear with me. A level 30 weapon has 30 points to spend on upgrading with mods. A weapon with a Orokin Catalyst has 60 points to spend. So instead of 1 point per level it is 2 points. Polarity works in tandem with the mods. A mod could have a 10 point drain with a Attack "V" polarity. If the weapon has a "V" polarity the mod will only use 5 points. Now, Forma basically restarts the leveling process in exchange for a new polarity on the weapon. Trust me Forma is your best friend. 

What are keys?

They come in many different flavors. Look at the wiki. :P

Right now, "keys" open up the Orokin void. In the Void, you can get prime weapons which are "better" than normal counterparts. The other keys are to Orokin Derelict. The major draw of the Derelict is the Corrupted mods. Look at the wiki. 

What are the benefits of clans?

Clan weapons, trading, teammates/cell mates, dueling

What are do the levels or Warframes and weapons do?

Look above. 

How do mods work?

They add characteristics to weapons. The wiki does a far better at explaining it. 

Is there anything else I would do well to know?

Mastery and Warframes are important. Go to Fossa, Venus and fight the boss, Jackal. He drops the Rhino parts (System, Chassis, Helmet). 

Edited by Sni7ch

People come here and ask questions like this because the wiki is not good. It does contain valuable information, but that is hidden behind all the damn ads and videos that start playing without you telling them to.

The wiki is more ads than anything else. terrible, imo. i have gotten all my information from either these forums, or my clan.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

"Shields" = blue health bars, usually on Corpus.

"Armor" = yellow health bars, usually on Grineer.

"Flesh" = Grineer red health bar after armor is gone.

"Robotic" = Corpus red bar after shields are gone.

"Infested" = Infested red bars.

A little mistake though; Robotic type health were only present on Corpus' robotic proxies, like MOAs and Ospreys. Their Crewmen's (and the rest) health were Flesh type.

Edited by Athros

A little mistake though; Robotic type health were only present on Corpus' robotic proxies, like MOAs and Ospreys. Their Crewmen's (and the rest) health were Flesh type.

Thanks! - My info was outdated. At one time the wiki claimed the opposite, but having shot at Moas and Crewman with Soma I can definitely agree one crumples like metal and the other is all squishy and has to be cleaned off my warframe with a squeegee.