Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tier Division Among Weapons And Warframes.

GhostUnitVII

Ok im sure alot of people here would agree with me when i say this, that the "Nerf this" and "Nerf that" is getting out of hand, and requires a further preventive step that actually puts logic behind the weapons and warframes. they should be reclassified into Tiers instead of Conclave, we can use Conclave ranks to address them into tiers based around the weapon or warframes base conclave rank.

For example a MK-1 bratton would be classified as a Tier 1 Weapon, due to it being a beginner class weapon, The Dera and  most weapons in the market would be classified as Tier 2 weapons also known as mid entry level weapons, and Tier 3 would be like the Prime weapons, high rank required clan weapons like the Acrid, or the embolist, would be in this catagory.

This would stop alot of confusion among the community, and give a meaning to weapons that are ment to be powerful because they are ment to be used in higher tier maps, kindof like the tower missions in the void that go 1-3. This is not only to the responce of the Brakk, but to upcoming debates that may involve nerfing or buffing other items, or warframes in the game. For example the Nova, Soma, Vectis, and so on.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

I swear the devs mentioning something along the lines of tiers for weapons a while ago. But as it stands they should really be more clean cut to express "This is Tier 1".

But to be honest...I've never liked the idea of Tier's, not when it limits say...a Tier 1 weapon from being completely outclassed by a Tier 3 weapon against Teir 3 enemies. Every weapon should be a Viable option at all levels, just needing the proper mods.

Though I think a lot of the "nerf now plox" comes from people using fully modded clan tech weapons I.E. Supra, against jackal and dropping it in 2 seconds, which I agree is kinda crazy but kinda makes sense. In every other game, a fully geared up and max level weapon will wreck a lower level enemy.

I swear the devs mentioning something along the lines of tiers for weapons a while ago. But as it stands they should really be more clean cut to express "This is Tier 1".

But to be honest...I've never liked the idea of Tier's, not when it limits say...a Tier 1 weapon from being completely outclassed by a Tier 3 weapon against Teir 3 enemies. Every weapon should be a Viable option at all levels, just needing the proper mods.

Though I think a lot of the "nerf now plox" comes from people using fully modded clan tech weapons I.E. Supra, against jackal and dropping it in 2 seconds, which I agree is kinda crazy but kinda makes sense. In every other game, a fully geared up and max level weapon will wreck a lower level enemy.

Not saying they should be Tier in that way, view it as a lable, like another way to understand conclave ranks, but its for CO OP missions. Tiers wont limit you between other tiers, things would still be the same way as it is now, but as you look in your inventory, and if you had a MK-1 braton, it would be labled as a Tier 1 weapon, weapon tiers would be based around their base conclave rank, meaning that the base conclave of a MK-1 Braton which is 10 would fall into the T1 catagory. Though I think it would be kindof hard to base tier's around warframes since you cannot see their conclave rating, so i cant give warframes an example.

I made a thread about the once-popular Akbolto and how bad it is now. Akbolto costs more plats than Dual Vastos as of this writing... and I feel all weapons need to be scaled (balanced) again. Maybe Tiers would work but some kind of categorization would make sense.

Exactly what I was aiming at, everyone keeps complaining about high tier weapons owning in low tier maps, and that is what is suppose to be like, its like trying to shoot a squirrel with a howitzer, yeh its overkill but super effective.

Weapons are already being tiered by the Mastery Rank provided, as the players go deeper in the game with more weapons being tried out, they can use their mastery to reach into higher ranking weapons such as the Galatine and the Soma.

Mastery rank isnt displayed on the weapon, and mastery rank unlocks the ability to build or even gain that weapon. All im saying is that there needs to be a way to show people that "This gun was built for THIS difficulty", instead of having constant arguments about weapons, and warframes. People can finally say "Well if you use a Tier 3 weapon in a Tier 1 match, it would obiviously be more effective than the Tier 1 or 2." Its to basically to give reason behind common sense.

Edited by GhostUnitVII