The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

: The Soilder Frame

spysweeper242

So I have a new idea for a frame. He will look a lot like this, maybe a little bit less armored.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/kinetic-armor-292569921

Health:200-500

Sheilds: 400-800

Armor:400

Energy:100-300

Abilites:

1) Using combat moves he uses a mix a tenno fighting skills with grineer military skills and drops his weapons and charges his hand with energy and fire and punches the target doing blast and radiation damge doing 50/100/200/300 damage. Cost

25 energy.

2) He will go up to a target grab it by the neck and will either choke it or throw it into the nerest set of enemies or a wall doing bleed and impact damage to the taget for 50/100/300 seconds. Cost 50 energy.

3) He will kneels and in 10 seconds he will make himself explode into a burst of void and tenno energy doing 100/200/300 damage.Cost 75 energy. 

4) He will do the grineer boss tuant movment and will heavily armor himself with LOTS of grineer alloy plating. During this he gains 800/1000/1500 armor and melee damage.Cost 100 energy.

Lore: A warframe built by grineer to fuse exalibur amd rhino parts to create a close combat frame stolen back by tenno opretives during a survival mission. It then was implanted a core inside its hands and feet to do void, kinetic,tenno ,blast and radiation damage.

That's my new frame in a nutshell! hope you guys like and don't be a hateh!

LIKE REPLY AND FOLLOW for the possibility that DE might make it happen!

P.S. YOU name it!

Note:i didn't make the art but had permission too.

By SHERLOCK GNOMES

Edited by spysweeper242

First off, it's generally never a good idea to use other people's work without permission, so unless that DA account you're linking to is yours (which I'm fairly certain it isn't), you might wanna stop using other people's designs for your own things without giving credit or disclaiming ownership of that design and making it clear you're not just stealing it from some guy with better art skills than you.

Second, let me see if I'm understanding this right:

First power: single-target powered punch attack.

Second power, grapple/throw attack, damages both victim and anyone it lands on.

Third power, AOE kill.

Fourth power: Iron Skin + what sounds like one of Valkyr's powers.

Lore: tank model Zanucka prototype.

While I do agree your given stats are overpowered, this could have some potential if you made some alterations:

1: Swap the third and fourth powers to make them fit the usual pattern of power slot types

2: Find some way to make the aoe kill more original without ripping off other frames' ults too much. Given Damage 2.0's split between physical damage types, this could be easy depending on which types the other attacks deal.

3. For the love of Lotus stop using elements and status types that don't already exist; you're already creating a new Warframe, you don't need to create that many new mechanics just for one frame. Yes you're proposing something new to the game already, but be straightforward about it, don't use it as an excuse to change the rest of the game around the rest of your ideas.

and finally

4: Nerf those numbers a bit.

Edited by Cobalt313

First off, it's generally never a good idea to use other people's work without permission, so unless that DA account you're linking to is yours (which I'm fairly certain it isn't), you might wanna stop using other people's designs for your own things without giving credit or disclaiming ownership of that design and making it clear you're not just stealing it from some guy with better art skills than you.

Second, let me see if I'm understanding this right:

First power: single-target powered punch attack.

Second power, grapple/throw attack, damages both victim and anyone it lands on.

Third power, AOE kill.

Fourth power: Iron Skin + what sounds like one of Valkyr's powers.

Lore: tank model Zanucka prototype.

While I do agree your given stats are overpowered, this could have some potential if you made some alterations:

1: Swap the third and fourth powers to make them fit the usual pattern of power slot types

2: Find some way to make the aoe kill more original without ripping off other frames' ults too much. Given Damage 2.0's split between physical damage types, this could be easy depending on which types the other attacks deal.

3. For the love of Lotus stop using elements and status types that don't already exist; you're already creating a new Warframe, you don't need to create that many new mechanics just for one frame. Yes you're proposing something new to the game already, but be straightforward about it, don't use it as an excuse to change the rest of the game around the rest of your ideas.

and finally

4: Nerf those numbers a bit.

I asked him first

Void and tenno are just for lore

Well the way you posted it made it sound like they were supposed to be new damage types. For what it was worth though, Void at least could have made some sense albeit while sounding like a ripoff from Warhammer 40,000, but "Tenno energy" makes about as much sense as "human energy".

-which, by the way, means none.