Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slug Rounds: Shotgun Mod Suggestion.

GhostUnitVII

Yeh It is exactly what the title says, have an option to turn your shotgun pepper shooter, into a mellon thrower. With this mod it can remove the range reduction with the sacrifice of all spread of that shotgun, but not effecting its potental damage. Yes I know that people are going to say "OP OP OP TOO OP!!" boohoo, shutup i dont give a dam, just read the dam post first to understand where im going with this, if you are going to say its op please provide evidence at why it would be "OP". Because all i see is that this mod would only just change the shotguns into effective mid and maybe long range assult rifles.

Here is a example of the mod that might be shown in the mod window, just im not going to provide a graphical support for it because i dont feel like drawing it up.

"Slug" "Improves shotguns accuracy, by replacing the independed pellets with a large caliber bullet"

Type Rare mod with 3 upgrade slots, and a base slot requirements is 2 (2 because its a change in the ammo not to the weapon).

3 upgrades involve the following

upgrade 0 - "-10% damage types"

upgrade 1 - " +5% damage types"

upgrade 2 - " +20% damage types"

upgrade 3 - " +35% damage types"

Damage Types are based around the shotguns base damage, for instance if you had a Boar, the base damage is 52 impact, 14 puncture, and 28 slash damage. at max rank the damage would improve up to 70 impact, 19 puncture, and 37 slash damage, regardless of what damage mods you add on to it so it wont stack with other mods.

This mod would remove the damage fall off, and the spread, yeh that may not seem balance to alot of people here, but you would be removing 2 things here, one of which gives shotguns in this game its huge advantage over every other gun, its spread.

As for special shotguns that involve indivisual barrels, like the Hek, or the Boar prime, the shotgun would fire the corresponding ammount of slugs, but the damage over all would be divided among all slugs, so if you had a shotgun that fires 3 slugs, and does average damage of 400 overall, the damage would be 133.3 on all 3 shells.

so you're saying you would prefer to give up shotgun spread, the ability to slot point blank and all other +damage shotgun mods for the ability to get a long-range slug out of it?

that's definitely not too overpowered. completely underpowered and would be better to use rifles in that case imo.

but to each his own. i personally wouldn't have a problem with someone doing this, but i can't imagine why they would want to.

hmm i can give several reasons why I personally would do this.

Turn the brakk into a hand cannon once again.

Have the normal boar be effective once again, on a single target.

Have the Branco series be hand cannons as well!

and the list goes on.

But it all really comes down to preference.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

what you're suggesting would be for shotguns, not pistols. keep in mind that the brakk and bronco are both pistols and use pistol mods...

and having given up the ability to slot hornet strike (in the case of the brakk) as well as all other +damage mods, you've essentially gimped the crap out of it for anything above level 20 or 30.

what you're suggesting would be for shotguns, not pistols. keep in mind that the brakk and bronco are both pistols and use pistol mods...

and having given up the ability to slot hornet strike (in the case of the brakk) as well as all other +damage mods, you've essentially gimped the crap out of it for anything above level 20 or 30.

The brakk was a high tier weapon anyways, so it was built for level 20 or 30 missions, so i see no problem with this.

and why not have a slug round be for anything that uses pellet based ammo... Hell I would use it all the time on some weapons, and would have fun pouring all my damage into 1 shell, instead of 50 pellets.

in all honesty im kindof tired of people giving shotguns the boot, i mean seriously, stop nerfing my dam GUNS. So this idea came up and just thought i would bring it here.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

i don't think you understand what you're asking.

removing a +90% damage mod (point blank) and all your elemental / physical damage bonus mods (30% for the physical and 90% for the elemental) would render your weapon essentially useless. 

unless you're advocating that your new mod would replace point blank / hornet strike. (i.e. be mutually exclusive with) and continue to benefit from physical / elemental damage bonus mods? -- in which case, you've created a base damage weapon with much higher damage potential than most rifles, with the only drawback being a smaller clip size. (basically creating a sniper rifle without the scope) -- and still with too much damage potential.

in which case, yes, i'd be one of the folks screaming this is overpowered.

Edited by xethier

In order for this mod to be fair this one will have to get some kind of a drawback - like +recoil or -slash damage since it is a one solid slug. Still its nice to see that ppl care about improving shotguns. 1+

well, the only thing i can think of as a drawback would make it do more recoil, though i want to advoid making this a corrupted mod.

i don't think you understand what you're asking.

removing a +90% damage mod (point blank) and all your elemental / physical damage bonus mods (30% for the physical and 90% for the elemental) would render your weapon essentially useless. 

unless you're advocating that your new mod would replace point blank / hornet strike. (i.e. be mutually exclusive with) and continue to benefit from physical / elemental damage bonus mods? -- in which case, you've created a base damage weapon with much higher damage potential than most rifles, with the only drawback being a smaller clip size. (basically creating a sniper rifle without the scope) -- and still with too much damage potential.

in which case, yes, i'd be one of the folks screaming this is overpowered.

Not saying they should remove any mod, this mod is completly independent, all it does is take your pellet rounds and condence them into one large pellet, or bullet in this case. Point blank or Hornet strike would not stack with this mod, and what i mean by that is hornet strike wont improve the damage of "Slug" or vice versa.

I was also thinking of having it like the mod Coolant leak, where the mod does not improve damage, just change ammo type.