Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tigris Needs Innate Punch Through

Brimir

It is supposed to be an anti-Infested gun, yet it is horrible at dealing with swarms of enemies. Giving it some Puncture Punch Through by default (and perhaps a damage boost) would make it a lot better in this role and finally justify the limitations put on it when it comes to magazine size.

Edited by Brimir

Frankly, the gun does not give off an "anti-Infested" vibe.

Tigris fires off two quick, single shots before spending 2 seconds reloading. Not only this, the shots fired are rather precise, which isn't as great a feature when fighting hordes of quick, size-differing enemies. (imo)

Against melee units that are highly mobile, I would think sustained damage is more reliable than the burst damage Tigris gives.

If you have access to it, put a Puncture Punch Through mod on it.

Highly satisfying against Infested.

Two shots, lots of dead smoking corpses. I really feel that this would put the boom in boomstick if it was implemented.

Edited by Brimir

If you have access to it, put a Puncture Punch Through mod on it.

Highly satisfying against Infested.

Two shots, lots of dead smoking corpses. I really feel that this would put the boom in boomstick if it was implemented.

I do have access to it, and I completely agree that it's satisfying.

However, not a lot of people have Seeking Force.

I imagine that when they come across a weapon claiming anti-Infested, but holding two shells to the clip with a two second reload, they'd laugh and move on. Two bullets to a clip/mag in any weapon claiming anti-horde that isn't mass AoE doesn't sound too convincing.

Given how the Tigris functions, it just doesn't feel right verse Infested. With its accuracy and low pellet count, the targets it needs are large and slow. The fact that the Duplex trigger forces you to treat it somewhat like a bow isn't very efficient for a shotgun, and very inefficient for a weapon claming to be anti-Infested.

Tigris has potential. However, low pellet count, low spread, and low clip size make it laughable without the mandatory Seeking Force.

i feel like giving it Innate PT would be overwhelming compared to other shotguns.

However, given that it has 2 shells per reload (lol) and a shotty firing mechanic, that's starting to sound...Not OP.

For the time being, I agree with your suggestion.

It's certainly an unorthodox way to fix Tigris, but it is a way to fix the Tigris.