Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Damage

MockingAsp

Charge damage is based on charge dmg+impact/puncture/slash dmg. It works the same as it does for normal dmg, but it helps to put on mods that increase any of the base stats. It's kinda hard to exlain how it works, i'm not enterily sure myself.

According to the wiki, charge damage made up of various proportions of the three physical damage types (puncture, impact, slash). These proportions are not necessarily the same as the regular attack.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orthos_Prime

I'm not sure if their proportions are correct, but I do notice a significant reduction in charge damage when attacking a grineer trooper (armored) vs a normal grineer (not armored). This is supposedly due to the mostly slash damage being ineffective against armor.

I did notice an increase in charge damage when I started putting elemental mods on my orthos.

I ask mostly because a lot of melee weapons used to have a charge damage that was different from the melee. An armor-ignoring type for example, instead of normal.

And then what about the Lectis? It does pure electric damage. There is no physical damage to factor in. And if I toss in another elemental mod like Toxin, will it turn the whole thing into Corrosive?