Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sprinting - Double Tap W

Linarian.

Pretty much the topic.

Could we have double tapping W and holding it the second press start a sprint? I think my pinky might fall off....

Edit: To make it clear, this is an additional way to start sprinting, not replacing the current system. And thank you all for your show of support.

Edited by Ozonetaco

I'm all for this option.

Back in the day I've played Oni which used this system. Didn't like it at first, but it's quite amazing how natural it feels after a while. Even today, some 10 years (!) later, I sometimes have the twitch to double tap W to sprint.

Interestingly, while I think double tapping W to sprint is a good idea, I really hate the current wallrun system with double tapping space.

Yes, i'll enjoy falling into chasm or off high places as i try to sneak across small outcrops... if we get that, i'll voice my opinion that I'd like that as an optional feature, selectable in the settings, and not forced on everyone.

Yes, i'll enjoy falling into chasm or off high places as i try to sneak across small outcrops... if we get that, i'll voice my opinion that I'd like that as an optional feature, selectable in the settings, and not forced on everyone.

Agreed - I edited my original post to reflect that more clearly. Thanks for all your support everyone! Hopefully the Devs see this one. :)

Interestingly, while I think double tapping W to sprint is a good idea, I really hate the current wallrun system with double tapping space.

Hm? When do you ever need to double tap space (bound to sprint for you, I assume) for wall running?

Seems like everyone is onboard with both or either (perferably both)

-Double Tap and hold W for sprint

-Toggle sprint button (or option in the settings)

Any other thougths we can throw out there regarding sprinting and it's activation?

Any other thougths we can throw out there regarding sprinting and it's activation?

Here's a crazy thought: Keep moving to any direction and start jogging, after a second or two you automatically start sprinting without pressing any key. In addition to that, sprint key now makes you walk, slowly.

...or you know, just add a separate toggleable option for walking and sprinting both, but thats not a crazy thought, its a boring sensible one :/

PS: I know nobody asked for "walking" but.. you know.. it could be nice and "cool" :P

Edited by CapricaSix

Here's a crazy thought: Keep moving to any direction and start jogging, after a second or two you automatically start sprinting without pressing any key. In addition to that, sprint key now makes you walk, slowly.

...or you know, just add a separate toggleable option for walking and sprinting both, but thats not a crazy thought, its a boring sensible one :/

PS: I know nobody asked for "walking" but.. you know.. it could be nice and "cool" :P

Movement is a big part of this game so having a wide variety of options to make it comfortable is a good thing

Movement is a big part of this game so having a wide variety of options to make it comfortable is a good thing

Indeed, I wasn't exactly disagreeing with the idea or anyone in here though, just saying. What do you think of being able to walk, would you want/do it personally?

I wonder how some of the suggestions in here would work with (advanced) wall running. As an avid wall runner myself, I'm glad that the current control system gives me absolute control over whatever movement I need to do at any time.

I think that double tapping for sprint might pose a problem with timing chained wall runs, unless it triggered some kind of "auto sprint" in mid-air, which on the other hand might result in undesired chains in certain situations.

Similarly, auto sprinting after a certain amount of time might make it impossible to wall jump off of walls without lots of space for a start up, which is essential for some more advanced wall running routes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against any optional input methods, but I think it's important to point out potential drawbacks of alternate methods as well.

Similarly, auto sprinting after a certain amount of time might make it impossible to wall jump off of walls without lots of space for a start up, which is essential for some more advanced wall running routes.

What if wallrunning didn't require you to sprint? Simply jump on the wall and start running. Problem solved :P

What if wallrunning didn't require you to sprint? Simply jump on the wall and start running. Problem solved :P

Except that this might result in performing undesired wall runs in some situations. For example if you jump at a crate in an angle to grab its edge. How would the game know not to start a horizontal wall run instead?

Edited by Botskiz

Except that this might result in performing undesired wall runs in some situations. For example if you jump at a crate in an angle to grab its edge. How would the game know not to start a horizontal wall run instead?

In that case, hold the jump button for wallrun, tap jump button for climbing/vaulting.

• 2 weeks later...