Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime/boar Need Slash Damage

Rayth

These weapons seem designed to (and certainly used to) slaughter groups of weak enemies (infested). But now they do extra damage to shields (Impact), and while Corpus do kind of group near shield ospreys, it's just not the same. I just have a simple request, either vastly increase the slash damage on BOAR and it's prime, or give us a slash based full auto shotgun (with a decent ammo capacity). Otherwise my BOAR (First primary I ever bought, and that was some several hundred hours ago) is just going to sit in storage forever, or be sold...

That true point thing could be valid if not for the very very low base slash, therefor leading to a low boost. You can only boost it buy a percent of the base, since the base is low, and the percent is low, it's not worth the mod points.

Have you tried stacking fire damage mods? Or better yet, throw fire + cold for mass blasting action.

That's the beauty of Damage 2.0, there are plenty of options for how you want to tackle each faction. The elemental damages are derived from total physical damage, so they are a great way for weapons like the Boar to be effective against all enemies. Just because a weapon's physical damage may not be favorable in all scenarios doesn't mean it is completely worthless in those scenarios.

Yeah but the status chance on BOAR is really low. Prime is better, but I don't have that yet. And Blast doesn't really help against light infested. Heavies it's useful, but that isn't really the point. It's playstyle is designed for Infested, but it's stats say otherwise.

Yeah but the status chance on BOAR is really low. Prime is better, but I don't have that yet. And Blast doesn't really help against light infested. Heavies it's useful, but that isn't really the point. It's playstyle is designed for Infested, but it's stats say otherwise.

Firstly, proc chance has nothing to do with damage. It only affects how often you get the extra effects. Even if you never proc you still do a percentage of your total base damage as extra elemental damage with each shot, so there is a still a reason to use elements on non-proc weapons.

Secondly, I recommended blast damage because you can potentially stack it higher than just fire damage, and it gets increased damage against all infested. Like I said, even if you never knock down an enemy, you are still doing blast damage to them, which compensates for the lack of slashing.

Id rather combo fire and magnetic for damage. Im well aware of how the status effects and procs work. And damage. Thought I mentioned in the opening post Ive been playing for a few hundred hours. Still not really the point. You can put any element on any weapon. That has nothing to do with the BOAR not having slash damage.

Id rather combo fire and magnetic for damage. Im well aware of how the status effects and procs work. And damage. Thought I mentioned in the opening post Ive been playing for a few hundred hours. Still not really the point. You can put any element on any weapon. That has nothing to do with the BOAR not having slash damage.

It does have to do with the Boar having slash damage though. I was trying to say that a weapon's physical damage is not that much of a defining factor when you have elements to compensate.

After reading your OP, I felt that you were implying the Boar was useless or somewhat less effective against infested without slashing damage, which prompted my response. My opinion on the matter is that despite what physical damage types the Boar (or any other weapon) has, it can still be incredibly effective against all the factions, meaning that there really isn't any reason that the Boar should be changed.

Regardless of everything that's been said though, I'm sure DE is planning on releasing at least three variants of every type of weapon, with each one focusing on a different physical damage type. I would bet you'll be getting a slashing auto shotty eventually.

Are you actually arguing that because the boars have high fire rate, that they're clearly meant to kill infested?  Do you really think no one would ever want a fast fire rate against corpus or grineer?  Its just a mechanic, its not inherently better or worse against any faction.  Sure fast fire rate makes it better against groups, but all factions come in groups.  And the idea that all fast firing weapons need to be slash based is insane - you'd really deny players a fast fire rate against corpus and grineer?  A fast fire rate is a playstyle, NOT a faction specific bonus.  Maybe you prefer the fast fire rate playstyle against infested, but I prefer it against corpus and grineer, where the action is more frenetic since they're shooting at you the moment they see you.  It means I don't need to take time to aim that well, and can spend the time figuring out where the best position is.  Heck against infested, you can easily run to a hard to reach position and pick each enemy off one at a time without alot of risk.

Starting to feel like that last guy has never used a BOAR. For the record it has a high fire rate, large spread, and high recoil. It is a crowd control shotgun. Clearly meant for enemies that crowd. And had I intended to get the message across that I didnt want a fast firing shotgun to be used against various factions I would have said so. Try reading my post again, you clearly didnt understand any of it. I even end with requesting a change OR a variant gun. If i wasnt on my phone i would have put every font alteration i could manage on that "or".

And for Chimp: elemental effects still have nothing to do with the distribution of the physical damages. By your logic there shouldnt even be physical damage types, because they are negligible. But the stats rather clearly show physical accounting for 1/4-1/5 of you damage, varying depending on how many elemental mods you have. That seems plenty significant to me, especially while I am levelling the weapon.

The whole point of my OP was to point out that the BOAR has moved away from being an anti-infestested weapon, due to its physical damage distribution, and I feel this should be changed or a variant released to serve that purpose. Its like nobody is even reading the OP. I never said anything about the BOAR being useless, I simply stated that as it is, I wont be using it. And for the record I even point out that corpus kind of clump together, my exact words following this statement "its just not the same". Try reading a post before replying, had I intended to offend anyone I would have picked an easy target, like Soma.