Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Minion Aggression Request

WarlokLord

#4 abilities are meant to be powerful. When Nekros first debuted, his Shadow minions were very aggressive. Often you would no sooner spot a Corpus camera, for example, and your minions would be falling over each other to attack it. All of them. I`d like to see a return to that level of aggression.

#4 abilities *should* be great.

As Nekros I DO want to summon my minions and have them do all my fighting for me. Thats the point! 

I think this deserves some extra consideration given that unlike other Warframes` abilities, Shadows Of The Dead relies upon hidden finite numbers to function...

(a Nekros player has to be far more deliberate in his summonings, therefore those that are summoned had damn well better be superlatively useful) 

Right now (version 11.2.1), minions kind of attack enemies. Nowhere near as combat effective as at their debut.

My two cents.

There seem to be two issues with the shadow AI lately:

The first is a huge delay between summoning the shadows and the KI doing anything. All your summons can be murdered in seconds if there's a single melee unit around.

The second is that ranged units very rarely use their guns, they'll hug cover even when surrounded by melee mobs.

Edited by Helljack84

I had asked Scott if he could take a look at the AI soon after the Alad V event, because a lot of the problems sprung up around that time (granted they were not exactly aggressive before the invasion events either, they just got worse.) He said he would.

Either he hasn't gotten around to it yet, he himself didn't see any problems, or the problem is too large for a quick fix and they are too busy to tackle it yet.

I suspect that the AI routines used by shadows are no different than the ones used by standard enemies. If this is the case, and they don't create a specific AI routine just for Shadows, we may not see any kind of fixes until AI as a whole is changed.

Well, there *has* been an improvement to the Shadow A.I. since the Alad V debut (maybe just the absence of the Alad V event?), but this merely made the Shadows once again do something... . The Shadows still aren`t what they ought to be, which is as they were at Nekros`s debut.

Dear DE: Shadows were definitely not too powerful!

Thanks to you folks for the backup on Nekros... I love this frame!!! Damn it!

I love this frame!!! Damn it!

Same here. When Shadows of the Dead works, oh boy does it work.

Have you tried using it while on the Jupiter defense maps? The terrain is perfect for it. You have the high ground, and your shadows will just get encamped around the barriers next to the large staircase. Nothing gets through, and because the terrain somehow makes them more likely to stick together, they can actually kill stuff. It's so much fun to flank behind the enemy while they're preoccupied with your shadows on that map.

It's those kinds of experiences that keep me from putting the frame on the shelf.

Hey Charismo - I`ll have to try a few. I know - great fun when the ability works properly, or is forced (!) to work properly.

I wonder if Shadows *were* the same level as the enemies from which they spawned when Nekros debuted, and whether or not since then Shadows have been changed to be some level lower than... maybe even to be a level determined entirely separately from those enemies. They should be the same level, and they should have that original aggressive A.I..