Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Info About The (Optional) Reset And The Braton Vandal

aMannus

So, seeing as how many threads popped up asking about if they were going to keep their Braton Vandal if they would reset, if platinum was refunded, if it would be optional, etc, I decided to make a thread with all the information that I could gather about the subject. I hope this can help some people so we get less threads that'll pop up about the same subject. If anyone has any information that's confirmed by the DEvs (including source) post in here so I can add it. I hope others can use this thread in the future as a simple link that can be posted to those threads so we don't have to have the same discussion over and over again.

Q: Is the reset going to be optional? When is this reset? Will we get our platinum back?

A: The FAQ has a very clear answer on this. (source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5898-warframe-faq/)

Is there an account reset planned after Closed Beta? (Is that 'fair'? What about leaderboards?)

No. We initially intended to reset often but the vast majority of players do not want to lose their progress despite the bumps and bruises of beta. We do reserve the right to reset if something forces us to. However, if your account is reset you will get all your Platinum back. There will be a one-time optional reset after beta for people that want to sacrifice their progress to re-spec everything. Leaderboards will be reset (and likely running on weekly, monthly cycles anyway).

What happens to my Platinum in the unlikely event of a reset?

You will get all your purchased Platinum credited back to your account.

Q: What happens to our limited items such as the Braton Vandal, Valentine Colour Palette, the Prime items and the eventual upcoming exclusive items and the like if we do reset?

A: The DEvs have responded by saying all these weapons will be flagged and will be preserved through the reset. Here's DERebecca's statement on it:

Stay in inventory with levels reset is the plan :)!

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/12252-what-will-happen-with-limited-edition-items-if-reset/

Q: Is the Braton Vandal ever becoming available to obtain in the future?

A: Short answer: No. Long answer: The DEvs said no, but it can always happen. Just don't count on it since they've made clear there's no plans for it. Look forward to other future exclusive items though (Lato Vandal is just announced)!

Once again, here's a statement from Rebecca on the subject:

Sorry folks, it was an "Open Beta Weekend Only" item!

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/13177-can-you-bring-back-vandal/page__st__40

They even made the banner bigger and yet people still ask.

Yeah, and the FAQ is quite clear about the first issue as well but nobody seems to be bothering reading that. I just wanted a central place so in case people do ask again it's a simple link to this thread and the thread can be closed, so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Could we have this pinned, please? Thanks for the post, aMannus. I just found this thread from a link you posted on another thread about the Vandal. Hopefully pinning it would help some people who bother to read pinned posts... plus it would help other to point to such info quickly.

Could we have this pinned, please? Thanks for the post, aMannus. I just found this thread from a link you posted on another thread about the Vandal. Hopefully pinning it would help some people who bother to read pinned posts... plus it would help other to point to such info quickly.

Yeah, made it back then for situations such as that previous thread. No need to explain yourself 50 times, just link them to this thread. It being pinned could work, I suppose, although I'm not entirely sure if that would change anything.

Yeah, made it back then for situations such as that previous thread. No need to explain yourself 50 times, just link them to this thread. It being pinned could work, I suppose, although I'm not entirely sure if that would change anything.

It would at least make it easier for other-than-aMannus to find and post the link to this thread. :)

I wish they would let us reset for update 7... I may just end up activating one of my spare keys just to experience the progression from scratch. I'd send in a ticket about them but I kind of feel like it's trivial and I shouldn't waste the team's time.

aMannus is secretly expecting a treat from DE.

Get in line dude. I've been throwing volunteer work hours at translation job for a month now (hence 1k posts) and haven't gotten anything but "a week's break while we roll Update 7".

/joking.

/notjokingaboutnotgettinganything

Edited by ruivoml

But my dear ruivo, you've got DE's recognition already! As the "blood and gore" guy! :P

But seriously, you hard-working volunteers will undoubtedly get 'something'. Considering how the guys at DE are... I'd be surprised if they kept you all in obscurity. ;)