The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Netcode Problem ? Or What Causes Extreme Rubberbanding

MaxiTB

Hi there,

I have a curious situation - from time to time players connect where everyone has major lag issues but this one player (generally on the top of the list).

I'm using 150ms as ping limit right now, because it's pretty hard to find games on EU with lower settings. Additionally I profiled the network performance in the background, with average ping of 10ms the first mile, 32ms from Vienna to Berlin (parallel to the game, once per second) for 1 hour. My down/up bandwidth is about 8% used from my average maximum.

I'm not a math genius, but even 150ms are not that much delay that objects warp around every 2-3 second and objects don't fall to the ground or super-extreme slow motion one-by-one (like ammo clips).

So far I come to the conclusion that the ping setting is nice, but utterly useless - I had super responsive games with 250ms ... there must be another factor to cause those issues.

Anyone else having similar experiences (especially from EU) ?

internet speed/stability is not the only factor here.

you can have the best connection in the world, but having a crap computer will still result in extreme lag (not saying your comp is crap op).

since warframe is p2p, the hosts comp has a heavy load, and that translates into lag for everyone else.

that said, the net code in warframe is not all that great (from what i understand).

Edited by alchemistjkt

Nah, I understood you in the first place - I just added my specs to clarify up front.

My point is that the current ping setting is pretty useless; even with extreme low settings (like 50ms) you can run into the same situation.

I would love to have something more reliable.

Yeah, I know not everyone has a powerful machine but it's a little pointless to throw everyone into the same bowl.