Long ago, I quit World of Warcraft for many reasons, one was clearly Dailies and Weeklies.
Now let me clarify why: To me those feel like a regular commitment without payment. In other words: I'm not used to work for free and I like to be in control how I spend my free time.
And that's the major issue here right there, all those time limited "events" in a short period of time are a pain and burn my out very, very fast.
In fact I logged on today and after just a single mission, I clicked on the Nightwave banner and was like "What's the point of that assembly line moving so slow and forcing me to repeat things over and over instead of just having fun." And then I logged off in disgust and opened Visual Studio to code a noise seeded predictive network because it seemed more fun (spoiler: that's a low bar).
So what is bad in my eyes in Nightwave:
001) First the daily cycle is way too short. Let me clarify, it's way too short for anyone who has a job, because free time is limited and valuable.
010) The challenges are way to repetitive - especially because they barely stack and/or I don't want to spend minutes to min/max my time/value ratio (again, that's literally what people pay me for).
011) The amount of challenges is extremely over the top if you f.e. have a limited time frame at hand. Add the repetitive nature and it becomes a slog fast if you can't space it out.
100) Even worse, the events completely reset after a week - people have commitments, time is not available equally every week, heck every month.
101) The friend requirements are the worst. Buddies literally told me they don't want to play Warframe again because I asked them already last week. It's driving people away, is that on purpose ?
110) I hate overall progress bars that can't be done in two weeks of play on a time I chose. Again, it's very off-putting to play catch-up just because you spend the weekend out of town.
111) And worse: While the old missed event were out of sight, the new system is a frust that stares into your face all the time - even if you play regular missions - there is no escape.
Now don't get me wrong, the old event system was bad as well because it was random & time limited.
The new system is again bad, because it has a very long progression roadmap & is again time limited - heck, maybe it's even worse, who knows when those rewards show up again.
Overall, considering all the reasons mentioned above, I like it less than the old system even tho I'm no fan of chance (because it's more fun to build a RNG on a circuit board than being enslaved to it).
Maybe it's just me (and that's fine if you don't get bothered by it) but overall I think there is a lot room of improvement over it in the current implementation in every direction you look.
So instead of just giving feedback, I offer fixes for each issue:
001) Get rid of the limit at all, replace it with a system were per tier (1000,3000,5000) only a limited amount of challenges are available and the list grows after a week with additional new challenges without getting rid of the old ones. Makes it also easier, if you spend a few weeks in Africa on holidays.
010) First fix would already help out in multiple ways, but even then those numbers could easily go down 50%.
011) First fix plus better pace it by offering less challenges to fill the requirement (percentage status on total time left, not a bar with no indication if you are ahead, behind or what) - add at least 3x the amount for overachievers.
100) First fix - woah, did I fix most of it with one line already?
101) No mandatory friend requirements. Never. Bad. This is extremely toxic and drives people away in the long run. Time is limited and nobody likes to have the annoying friend that always calls so he can finish a video game. Or go heavy drinking without reason. I would go the other way and for example make solo or public games a requirement, even then I don't think it's in any way a good way to restrict player's choice even more - we already have tho painful Rivens.
110) First fix. And the scaling fix, I think that was number 2.
111) No constant reminder in missions - heck, better hid it somewhere in the codex. A one time reminder that it's there is enough really.
Well, that's pretty much from my side, enough of the talking, I just realized where I have an issue in the feedback loop and that's why the values oscilated out of control. I take it back, coding is now definitely more fun to me. Anyways, hope it was some kind of value, but in these days, who's still reading the forums anyways.
PS: For those wondering, the numbers are in binary cause why not make everything tedious, it's after all the new way to play Warframe ;-).
PPS: Hell yeah inactive UI. Wanted that feature for years now, finally there's a fast way to see what's finished and you can quick-jump there in no-time. Now those icons should just add up instead of fading-over, and it's perfect 🙂