Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Apply Shotgun Damage Falloff Only To The Brakk, Because I Hate That Gun. But My Own Guns Are Sacrosanct.

413X

Shotguns didn't use to have the damage falloff, which made the shotguns far, far better. You could actually use them like IRL shotguns with accurate spread at greater distances. Sadly, this was changed because the rifles were rendered virtually useless (except maybe the Gorgon pre-nerf since you could snipe with it at the start of spool-up).

The smart fix would have been for Damage 2.0 tables- the shotguns would mostly be dealing Impact, and the rifles would be more focused on Piercing (just like real life- you don't expect 00 Buckshot to go through Kevlar very well, it's not designed for that). Falloff was the lazy fix- easier to implement and expected by gamers unfamiliar with shooting real weapons. Thankfully the falloff is more fair than Doom 3's crap-tastic shotgun that only does damage in like a 5 meter cone, despite enemies being able to hit players at far longer ranges with the same gun.

If they reworked the damage types in this manner, players wanting an armor piercing shotgun build would have to use mods to bring up the capability, or get shotguns designed to pierce armor at close range. (Stuff like the Boar or perhaps the Strun Wraith would be an ideal candidate.)

Realism in this game ? Who ever said that should be constantly thrown into walls so he will learn how to wallrun.

I do not have brakk, nor I did want to have one. But I am all against nerfs. Stop with nerfes. Nerfs is not a solution. Buff. Buff other weapons.