Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion Regarding Alert Notification Section

Deucalian

Would it be possible to put a timer on all threads created in the Alert Notifications section? I've never seen an Alert last longer than an hour, so maybe add a timer to each thread created in that section so that no new posts can be made after the timer elapses? It's not a huge thing, but it's a bit irking to be getting emails from a thread that should've died out over 5 hours ago >.<

You can change your notification forum settings so that you can only be notified about new threads in a forum you follow, not all posts.

I think he's talking about people creating multiple threads for the same alert, but I usually only get 2, sometimes 3, emails.

+1 on timer, but I'm not sure how hard that will be to code into the html.

Edited by Strat

Frankly, I don't want the threads to close as fast as they sometimes are; I'm guessing Rebecca does this for us, since regular members don't have the permissions to close our own threads. Reason being, if I or anyone else has an old alert saved a number of hours past expiration, and we want to get people in, we don't want to either post a new thread in an unrelated sub-forum, or post a new thread in the proper one where it'll set off notifications for everyone. We'd just like to be able to bump the appropriate thread with a post that says we have spaces open.