The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Multi-Thread Rendering + Dx11 And Their Wonders

Nijuroku

A month ago I tried the multi-thread rendering to boost my poor laptop's fps. It was a meager 20fps or so and my friend noticed that the Hind fired so slow in the game. When I enabled multi-thread, the fps was increased to about 35 or so. It was fine until it made my laptop overheat more often. Recently I tried multi-thread and Dx11 together to see the difference. Whaddya know, the fps jumped to 50-70 fps on standby and a steady 40 fps when playing on high-end/ultra graphics settings. 

Even though there's a great difference in performance, my laptop hasn't overheated since I used Dx11 with multi-thread.

Though I feel like this feature is a "double-edged sword". The game stops working when leaving a mission or when changing or minimizing the Warframe window. It even freezes the laptop. 

I see that this feature has a lot of potential and can drastically improve players' gameplay especially when playing on low-spec machines. 

To conclude what I have said, the multi-thread rendering was a good idea all-in-all.