Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lost Art Of Warframe Sniping

MurderPeople

This thread goes out to all the tenno snipers who have mained a sniper before the addition of the sniper scopes. 

With this current addition, I have noticed sniper rifle shooting has been reduced to a static, less frantic fashion of sniping combat compared to sniping before without the scope.

There was a style of sniping completely different from the way snipers are used now.

Before the implementation of the scopes, you could use your sniper rifle in a way that was effective at any range. Without the scope overlay and being able to see your Warframe in perspective of zooming in with the sniper, you could snipe your enemy from any distance, easily using your sniper for sharpshooting/shotgunning on the fly. The snap zoom allowed you to see your Warframe's position to your enemy, allowing the user to effectively shoot target to target without losing vision/peripheral of the enemies in front of the Warframe.

This style of sniping I experienced was unlike any other video game sniping I had experienced before, it was fast, fluid, and pushed your reflexes to adrenaline pumping levels. The sniping game didn't require you to constantly consider your long distance to kill efficiently, it didn't sniping feel like an fps sniper.

There were many threads with the general consensus of having an option to enable/disable the new scopes. Lately though, there isn't much talk on sniper scopes anymore. Have all of you put your snipers away to collect the dust? Remember your intense sniping games? Don't you want to feel the rush of sniping again? I'm sure even DE remembers the insane sniping that was achieved pre-scopes, it was THE Warframe style of sniping.  

As new Tenno pick up their snipers and instantly acquaint themselves to the scope, I feel a sense of disappointment that they'll never know the style of sniping that was enjoyed before in Warframe.

Let's keep the thrill alive, keep the scope threads alive!

Well people QQed a lot that they wanted scopes, now they got them. The people who prefered the no-scope 3rd person option were always in the minority, even if there were some threads after the patch. All in all, sniper rifles were always rather underperforming, but now that I have to see through a scope overlay I stopped using them at all. I realy enjoyed my 'space mosin nagant' rifles, but now they are just taking up room in my inventory.