Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Mixed Zoom/detonate

Zorex

So I've been using the Penta for a bit, and I really like it so far. Only thing that really bothers me is zoom and detonate being on the same button. I use zoom a lot in games due to my rather crappy eyesight, and not being able to zoom unless I have no grenades out is rather frustrating.

Having a separate key for a third weapon fire (e.g. detonate on the Penta) seems reasonable enough to me.

Maybe if there are more guns with similar functions and needs for a seperate button for an "Alternative" attack, then yes, a seperate key would be nice. But having a key that is only required for one weapon is unnecessary at the moment.

Or we could have the regular "Hold Left Mouse Button" like weapons that can be charged to detonate the grenades while still allowing users to zoom in.

i think eventually they have to implement an "alt fire" button, which would be good, but there current isnt much weapons that will benefit from this addition. im sure as more unique/complex weapons are added, they'll be forced to add such function. we also need to think about which button will work, it'll be fine with a mouse and keyboard, but what about on a gamepad (for PS4)?

as for right now, i dont want to disregard your poor eyesight and preference to use ADS, but Penta doesnt really require precise aiming, so ADS isnt the most important. so right now, it works fine, but can be improved.

Maybe if there are more guns with similar functions and needs for a seperate button for an "Alternative" attack, then yes, a seperate key would be nice. But having a key that is only required for one weapon is unnecessary at the moment.

Or we could have the regular "Hold Left Mouse Button" like weapons that can be charged to detonate the grenades while still allowing users to zoom in.

Why would a separate key be "unnecessary"? There is clearly a conflict between needs here - I'm not the only person who's complained about this. Warframe would not be the first game to have a third "fire weapon" key; many other shooter games have it, even if just for a single weapon or a specific weapon type. I'm sure more weapons will appear in the future where such a key would be useful, so might as well think ahead.

i think eventually they have to implement an "alt fire" button, which would be good, but there current isnt much weapons that will benefit from this addition. im sure as more unique/complex weapons are added, they'll be forced to add such function. we also need to think about which button will work, it'll be fine with a mouse and keyboard, but what about on a gamepad (for PS4)?

as for right now, i dont want to disregard your poor eyesight and preference to use ADS, but Penta doesnt really require precise aiming, so ADS isnt the most important. so right now, it works fine, but can be improved.

I'm inclined to think it depends on how you use it. I think it has excellent long-range potential (more than people give it credit for), but to use it effectively for that, being able to zoom sensibly is, I think, important.

I'm inclined to think it depends on how you use it. I think it has excellent long-range potential (more than people give it credit for), but to use it effectively for that, being able to zoom sensibly is, I think, important.

i know the weapon has great long range potential if you know how to use it, but to get long range shots, it's about getting the right angle and lob the shot, and detonate at the right time, unlike other weapons, which require much precise aiming. and because Warframe doesnt have a significant accuracy penalty when shooting on the fly, that's why i said it's not that important. also, penta is about getting the grenade in the general location, not actually hitting the target, combined with the significantly sized AOE, again, ADS isnt that important.

i know the weapon has great long range potential if you know how to use it, but to get long range shots, it's about getting the right angle and lob the shot, and detonate at the right time, unlike other weapons, which require much precise aiming. and because Warframe doesnt have a significant accuracy penalty when shooting on the fly, that's why i said it's not that important. also, penta is about getting the grenade in the general location, not actually hitting the target, combined with the significantly sized AOE, again, ADS isnt that important.

Well, you seem to be assuming that the only reason one would use zoom is for direct hits, which is probably why we're talking past each other. I use it as general purpose zoom, not just for landing direct hits. So far, every weapon in the game has allowed me to do this, which I really appreciate. So I'm a bit miffed that the Penta doesn't.

Well, you seem to be assuming that the only reason one would use zoom is for direct hits, which is probably why we're talking past each other. I use it as general purpose zoom, not just for landing direct hits. So far, every weapon in the game has allowed me to do this, which I really appreciate. So I'm a bit miffed that the Penta doesn't.

no, but ADS is used for precision, and direct hit is a common thing that requires said precision, im saying penta does need that degree of precision to land hits, even for long range.

and as for using ADS to scan an area for enemies, i can see your point about not being about to do that whenever you have a grenade out.