Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Usually Rant, But Update 11.3...

EganMC

I've had to redo and rethink my loadout too many times now.

I agree completely.

Not feeling much motivation to log in since I will have to play mod roulette in the

hopes of figuring out what will make my preferred weapons useful, again...

I think a couple people at DE need to take a safety break to reevaluate some of

their recent choices.

I agree completely.

Not feeling much motivation to log in since I will have to play mod roulette in the

their recent choices.

+1

So you're suggesting we should have, say, our primary modded with magnetic, our secondary modded with gas, and switch weapons in the middle of attacking a single opponent to deal with the resistances? We're not even talking about bosses here. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

This is what rabid damage 2.0 fans wanted all along.  I think it's no good at all.  Too spastic for my taste, not  suitable for horde mode.  Something like this needs it own well thought out GAME MODE.  The majority of current Warframe is not suited to it and I would not want to see the ENTIRE game ripped apart to accommodate such spastic game play.

or you could phrase it this way:

i'm glad DE is looking at how Dmg2.0 impacted the game and is continuing to tweak the system so that it works well and robustly JUST LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD after they released it with U11.

I knew it wouldn't take long for fan boys to come to the defense of such a S#&$ty update.

I agree completely.

their recent choices.

not to mention Steve just said that there would be some more changes to come...so this is kinda worthless to rebuild/rethink the layout by now...

and they took away my fav faction (which if I am not mistaken from Steve's post...they want to remove a faction completely which I think its the infes...) and replace it with the new invastion mode which people hardly go over 5mins/5 waves...

Edited by ExorcistEX

I can't comment on Damage 2.0 because I've just been grinding weapons for mastery and haven't really messed with the new damage system. I'm not happy that endless defense/survival with infested enemies is now 5m/5waves and out. It's not so endless anymore and definitely not nearly as fun as it used to be.

not to mention Steve just said that there would be some more changes to come...so this is kinda worthless to rebuild/rethink the layout by now...

Maybe new people will think this is all great and good...

Me, not so much.

I'm going to take a break from Grindframe until they quit screwing around.

If the game is fun when they get done with these unecessary and radical

changes I will play again.

But, TBH, Warframe is getting less and less fun with every update.

Have to agree with the OP.

The way I see it, there's no point in playing and building/tweaking your weapons when you never know when there's gonna be the next random shuffle in the damage deck. It's like you're pushed to take a break for a month to let things settle down, only logging in to get the daily reward or doing the rare alert with a reactor/catalyst blueprint. Players didn't even get a refund after the new damage system hit - a drastic change. But that's ok, this is a "beta" with a fully functional premium currency system and a store, items from which can have their properties changed at any time because of the "beta" status.

DE introduces some cool stuff but let's face it, more often than not that stuff can be summed up by any combination of: it's not thought-out well, it's not polished enough, it's not implemented good enough or it's not coded good enough. It makes you tired and frustrated because if you're an old player, you saw the situation repeating itself over and over again. The fundamentals of WarFrame are really appealing, but some of the new additions and the situations that they bring take the fun factor of the game further and further down.

Beh... As usual, complains right after an update are to be disregarded until people actually give the update a chance.

I personally like the idea of using different weapons with different elements for different surfaces on the same enemy instead of just one single weapon with an element that is strong against almost everything in the mission. Gives you a reason to actually use all your weapons, making the game less dull.

Beh... As usual, complains right after an update are to be disregarded until people actually give the update a chance.

I personally like the idea of using different weapons with different elements for different surfaces on the same enemy instead of just one single weapon with an element that is strong against almost everything in the mission. Gives you a reason to actually use all your weapons, making the game less dull.

Is that why they are rolling out a hotfix to change it?

I liked damage 2.0, but I don't like what they did to the elementals in 11.3. I wanted to give it a chance before passing judgement, so I did. After trying it a bunch, I find it to be quite unintuitive. Many of the elemental combinations now seem to be weak against the same enemies they are strong against. Corrosive strong against armor but weak against flesh (both of which grineer have)? It seems like they want us to be switching between primary and secondary for every single enemy we come across.

Preferred it the way it was.

I liked damage 2.0, but I don't like what they did to the elementals in 11.3. I wanted to give it a chance before passing judgement, so I did. After trying it a bunch, I find it to be quite unintuitive. Many of the elemental combinations now seem to be weak against the same enemies they are strong against. Corrosive strong against armor but weak against flesh (both of which grineer have)? It seems like they want us to be switching between primary and secondary for every single enemy we come across.

Preferred it the way it was.

That is right Homey.

Damage 2.0 idea was to do that. We can't have one weapon to fit all roles (or almost all roles).

They are right. But they need to review the warframes asap after that last update.

not only Vauban but Ember as well... in case of Kappa - Nova is superior, in case of Cyath - Ember is superior.

With removing Cyath, DE basically killed 80% of the game for me.

ah yes one more thing, new WoF effects - horrible. visuals and sounds....

I don't agree. I am a founder and know what ember was like from her first WoF ver. Ember is back and truly sets the world on fire. I am loving it as a ember user. Most used frame I always use to use. Now I use ember prime. Embers WoF is AWESOME!

Frost Frost Frost Nova, standing-still gameplay. So many elements and yet only barely any factions in the game to bother swip-swapping for.

Its an advanced damage system built for missions where there has to be MANY factions and scenarios, in EACH and EVERY mission...seeing as theres only really 2 factions, most of this damage system is a total waste of time and money.

This is like using a lightsaber in a Gladiator ring, its too advanced for what is needed, it ends up being something iv regretted you guys even putting into the game.

I haven't played around with Ember or Frost yet, so I can't speak to their effectiveness or the WoF thing. But the damage changes are ridiculous. Removing infested was ridiculous. The Phorid manifestations are particularly ridiculous. I went hunting him the other day for the neurode rewards, and then kept going for the xp. 4000 to scan, and 16000 for a kill? I don't even know how many levels I got from fighting him the 11 times that I did (yay 3 full sets of nyx with two redundancies!), but the number was not small.

Hey with the lil update to frost leave him alone...he still needs an applicable move beside the globe...geesh freezing enemies is all he can do now but even better. First they whine about how frost is like in nomans land then its like oh its all I see now. Freakin make up your minds. Once they fix ember and the other frames there will be a post on how OP Ember is. Frost needed something, everyone can admit you barely use any of frosts moves...except globe. This is on a general level. You look at my profile i use frost 47% of the 669 hours played. Im so glad his freeze makes sense now omg before it was like I have to prepare to freeze a enemy. He should freeze multple ones. The damage update 11.3 nerfed elements again...I mean how much more can they make elements suck. I mean Improvements would be nice...instead listen to the whine nerfs threads we hear of how this is too easy. Geesh, I'm not liking the chance of how elements proc on warframes either...there shouldn't be a chance for ember to cause a enemy to catch fire just saying...its called World on Fire for a reason... Really just scrap this damage update go to 100% element like it was before...make a better model...I hate equipping a elemental mod dont get the effect till 50 enemies later. Equip cost is insane for elements, and don't even get the full benefit. Feel kinda jipped...all warframe abilities should trigger their respective elemental effects or  i might as well use my pistol for the stress.