Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Usually Rant, But Update 11.3...

EganMC

It's update's like this that stop me using a forma on anything at all. There is no point in trying to perfect your frame/weapon when these sort of overhauls can completely blindside us.

I guess DE are doing everything in their power to prove the game is still in Beta :P

Except invasions are exterminations in the same maps which you have to repeat multiple times if you want rewards. As for infested invasions, they are normal infested missions only with friendly AI that gets in your way. Oh yeah and they are limited time and no way to know which enemies spawn where, and they removed infested bosses for them making Volt and Nyx alert frames.

OH! And I nearly forgot! No infested survivals means less chances of getting void keys with reasonable effort. I hope you enjoy fighting level 50ish grineer napalms or corpus to maybe get a void key you wanted.

Worse than that. They aren't always exterminations. Sometimes you have to run a mobile defense 5 times for a reward...

The new damage 2.0 overhaul was extreme to the point where comboing multiple elementals has 0 purpose. 

We are basically shoe horned into a single element for each faction build, as most of the decent combos right now draw from 1 of the same base element. 

not cool. 

i do, but what did you said? run same survival/defense/ mobile defenses?

survival, defense and other mobile defenses do not provide same income of xp and mods for a given period of time simply because of kill count for a mission. it is simple as that. you can't kill 1400-1500 on Kappa or Kiste and get 60-70 mods as drop in the end, you just can't.

so loss of Cyath is actually a huge blow.

I never said it wasn't. And I'll be feeling the pain as much as anyone else.

My point wasnt that Cyath was bad, my point was that the fact we NEEDED Cyath was bad.

The fact that there was one level that reigned supreme for farming and rendered a lot of the rest of the game obsolete was bad.

Now, with things like the infested defense, survival and mobile defense missions moving around the solar map we wont be pulling in XP at quite the same rate (until the Infestation attacks the higher level planets), but at least it wont feel like doing the exact same mission in an infinite loop cause it's all that's worth doing.

Wow....i came back from work to try my newly crafted Ember Prime and level her up going against infested doing survival/defense and those places are gone lol. This change looks pretty bad.

Also there is no real incentive to play the invasion's except for the credits. The other rewards are just meh & 5 runs each for 25k-30k credits ? It's just boring imo.

You can eventually fight the invasion off and reclaim the node but otherwise no.  During the event 5 runs would net you 150k-250k credits, 3-5 of a rare resource, 3-5 of research materials or 1 catalyst/reactor/forma.  Now you can put in more work (as the other mission modes typically take longer than exterminate) and receive about 20% of the reward.

They really need to drop the battle pay to 3 runs and possibly increase it slightly in places.

Call me crazy, but I like it... There is still tweeking here and there that needs to be done, but I like the general direction. I like the fact that nothing is GODMODE vs everthing. It means that you always have something to worry about. Corpus has robots and people, so it makes sense that whats good vs the machines won't be as good vs the people. Volt Shouldn't be able to go into a Corp mission and just kill all for 25 energy. 

Some changes should be made to Slash and heat damage, because right now they give almost no benefit vs anything... Meaning swords kinda suck now. 

I think that some of the damages can be 100%. like Gas and toxin, Which I view as the same thing (one single unit, and the other AOE) I miean how can you poison/gas a robot... LOL

I like the infested idea, but maybe there should be a planet on the edge of the system dedicated to them. 

At the end, I like the idea and where it is heading. I like the nothing is adds benefit vs everything direction. DE just needs to be sure that somethings have benefits vs something. Because right now, Heat and Slash don't do jack.

Call me crazy, but I like it... There is still tweeking here and there that needs to be done, but I like the general direction. I like the fact that nothing is GODMODE vs everthing. 

I don't like the godmode mindset either BUT I should be able to take ANY gun I chose and mod it to the mission, I shouldn't have to take a gun I do not like just to make sure I can do some damage.  Secondly, my main focus was on the fact that they are ninja nerfing MAJOR things and not noting it.  Frame nerfs, rumored exp nerfs and its damn $&*&*#(%&. They are turning this in to a time sink even though they made mention of making it "Less grindy" in a past live stream.  COMPLETE contradiction and THAT is what is making me speak out against this game right now.

At the end, I like the idea and where it is heading. I like the nothing is adds benefit vs everything direction. 

Well except just the actual damage mods. Having Serration etc maxed now is radically more important than before. So that's great. If you want your weapons to really be good then that'll a thousand cores and a million credits. If not, well we have this constantly changing, nearly impossible to decipher damage system that will randomly make you terrible against what you are fighting with no explanation or logic.

Thanks DE!

I don't like the godmode mindset either BUT I should be able to take ANY gun I chose and mod it to the mission, I shouldn't have to take a gun I do not like just to make sure I can do some damage.  Secondly, my main focus was on the fact that they are ninja nerfing MAJOR things and not noting it.  Frame nerfs, rumored exp nerfs and its damn $&*&*#(%&. They are turning this in to a time sink even though they made mention of making it "Less grindy" in a past live stream.  COMPLETE contradiction and THAT is what is making me speak out against this game right now.

I look at it as a beginning stage of something that needs to be ironed out. As elements get effectiveness changes applied, certain frames get nerfed/buffed. But I think that the frames will be buffed/balanced out as the element damage is better balanced. 

On the side of weapons, people tend to only like what causes huge damage numbers. This, to me, is DE trying to make more things good. I for one am tired of seeing everyone run around with Soma Galatine Despair (used to be brakk, Acrid before that)

Well except just the actual damage mods. Having Serration etc maxed now is radically more important than before. So that's great. If you want your weapons to really be good then that'll a thousand cores and a million credits. If not, well we have this constantly changing, nearly impossible to decipher damage system that will randomly make you terrible against what you are fighting with no explanation or logic.

Thanks DE!

or try to have a balanced arsenal for the race you will be fighting??? I also think this makes other modes more viable as well, but we'll see. As it was stated before, there are still changes to be made 

Has anyone brought up that they broke extractors?

HX5UpvQ.jpg

I mean if you don't want people to not grind for their resources just remove extractors, just don't insult us like this.

Maybe I haven't used extractors enough but what are you referring to in this picture? The 70 alloy?

Maybe I haven't used extractors enough but what are you referring to in this picture? The 70 alloy?

It used to give around 4 or 6 rare resources, up to 600 common resource and I don't know how many uncommon but still. I mean before U11.3 I claimed around 500 alloy plates, I mean few hours before it. 

It used to give around 4 or 6 rare resources, up to 600 common resource and I don't know how many uncommon but still. I mean before U11.3 I claimed around 500 alloy plates, I mean few hours before it. 

I guess.. when i used them immediately after u11 they weren't all that impressive then either. I haven't bothered playing in a week and a half to know any difference.

Stealth nerfs are fun and make people happy, though. Good job DE.

Edited by f3llyn

You can now deploy more than one extractor. It doesn't really help as they are about 20% as effective as they used to be though. Basically, they took something bad and made it cost more to generate lower output.

Sounds about right. I wonder if DE gets their balancing tips from Arena Net.

Make least used items worse so no one bothers to use them at all. Once you can do this then true balance has been achieved.

Sounds about right. I wonder if DE gets their balancing tips from Arena Net.

Make least used items worse so no one bothers to use them at all. Once you can do this then true balance has been achieved.

Or people buy Prime Access to "buff" their extractor back up to bad rather than useless.

Has anyone brought up that they broke extractors?

HX5UpvQ.jpg

I mean if you don't want people to not grind for their resources just remove extractors, just don't insult us like this.

In regards to the extractors I checked mine just earlier and it had 200+ scrap or something waiting to be collected. I've seen people saying they are bad but personally receiving 8 orikin cells a few days in a row I can't complain. It comes down to luck really it's RNG don't forget, however I do see your frustration, that being said it's not exactly like you have to actively participate in its collection of resources other than clicking your mouse....

I look at it as a beginning stage of something that needs to be ironed out. As elements get effectiveness changes applied, certain frames get nerfed/buffed. But I think that the frames will be buffed/balanced out as the element damage is better balanced. 

On the side of weapons, people tend to only like what causes huge damage numbers. This, to me, is DE trying to make more things good. I for one am tired of seeing everyone run around with Soma Galatine Despair (used to be brakk, Acrid before that)

or try to have a balanced arsenal for the race you will be fighting??? I also think this makes other modes more viable as well, but we'll see. As it was stated before, there are still changes to be made

Completely agree with what YBD has said about the sort of balancing of weapons and arsenal. I do recall from memory in one of the live streams that they said something about wanting to provide a challenge, it's all good and well to just run through a level mowing down everything in your path but I can see what DE are trying to get at with the changes and all.

It is a patch after all and it's a work in progress, the patch was just released and with everything there's always things to iron out - going on the the offensive about it isn't going to solve anything though, constructive feedback is.

Well, for me personally. Tweaking numbers in a database isn't going to make the game any harder than it is now or has been in the past. People will always figure out what is "best" with these types of balance changes. On the other hand what this does though is make the game infinitely more frustrating and not fun to play for quite a few reasons that have already been talked about.

The only way they are going to give us challenging and interesting game play is by changing enemy mechanics and drastically improving their AI. And I don't mean more damn rollers.

Edited by f3llyn

After U11.3, I think I am safe to say...warframe is no longer interest me...

Damage 2.0 change a lot already and now I just get familiar with it and they change it again...I know they still label the game as beta stage but I am just so tired about they change things without asking the communities opinions. I dont mind they do some minor changes without noticing us before they changed them but for this latest change...it just like they come and destroy 80% of my sand castle...

With this new damage system and they took away my only fun in game (playing infes missions, all high level infes mission) and replace with this so called battlepay style...no more infes defense/MD/survival...as people will either leave at 5mins or waves 5. I can say I am no longer enjoying this game.

Dont get me wrong, I am not those who refuse changes but these changes just pull me off from the game. And I have to say, the changes they made just make new beginner more difficult to start with. I hope they can learn the lesson and change something back to <U11.3

--edited--

This is a reply I try to post on the other thread which similar to this thread but they locked it so I post it here instead.

infested defence or survival are my only fun ingame and they took it away...I may try to find something to interest me again but not until U12 as god know will they do massive changes again. I dont mind they do some buff/nerf on the current damage chart but as for U11.3 I have to rework on my weapons build again. Seriously, I dont want to learning another new damage chart in every few weeks or months (months I mean is 2-3months as this seem to be big title update in every 2-3months.) IMHO, they cross the line too much and made a lot of player upset/disappointed.

Edited by ExorcistEX