Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Migration Is Never Going To Happen

AudioRejectz

I would actually prefer them to hold the PC version back a bit until the PS4 version catches up.  I know I'm probably alone in that, but just my opinion.  I got a friend playing a lot on the PS4, and while I've tried playing on the PS4, I just can't give up my plat or really get a good handle on the controls.

This only benefits people who have PS4 though which is the issue.

Even if you delayed PC updates until the builds were in sync, the account migration would be allowed to happen and that would honestly be the end of it. Because, from that point onwards you would expect PC to start doing weekly updates again no? Meaning builds would be out of sync and cross platform play would go out the window. So the only people to benefit would be those wanting account migration.

Unless DE get some way to update the PS4 version weekly, there will never be cross-platform play for an extended period of time which is rather unfortunate. So the main concern is account migration.

The easiest and fastest, but perhaps not ideal solution I can see, is if PS4 players are prepared to have a really buggy week of Warframe in order to allow for account migration. Update the game at the same time as the PC version allowing migration, and suffer through the bugs until the PS4 version can be updated again.

I would actually prefer them to hold the PC version back a bit until the PS4 version catches up.  I know I'm probably alone in that, but just my opinion.  I got a friend playing a lot on the PS4, and while I've tried playing on the PS4, I just can't give up my plat or really get a good handle on the controls.

Not that I really care... but I can see how making your established clientbase wait a month or so without updates when all there is to do in the game is farm gear is a great business plan.

Sony better stop suffocating the PS4 if they want to keep it alive.  Most of the big name launch titles weren't exclusives apart from Killzone, and better versions exist on PC.

Sadly my PS4 is sorta just collecting dust right now waiting for my PC warframe account to sync over.  =/

Sony better stop suffocating the PS4 if they want to keep it alive.  Most of the big name launch titles weren't exclusives apart from Killzone, and better versions exist on PC.

Sadly my PS4 is sorta just collecting dust right now waiting for my PC warframe account to sync over.  =/

Same here I want to play PC account on PS4 sooooo bad but dont want play fresh account on PS4 so right now i havent touched the game since PS4 launch

Looks like I was correct in presuming the updates would still be out of sync.

This is really disappointing

I'm quite disappointed by this too, to be honest. Although I primarily play on PC, it's gotten to the point where I actually sort of wish that PC development was held up for a month or so when a good, stable update/patch is rolled out so that the PS4 could be brought up to speed for account migrations.

Either that or allow migrations despite mismatched versions--simply have a script that automatically removes items, mods, gear, etc from newer versions if migrating to an older build. 

:(

I know DE is new to the Sony Cert process, and I do blame Sony for being so sluggish about certing the updates and not allowing DE to directly update their game... but I'm still bummed.

Me to mate...I'm just disappointed as I really enjoy this game and was excited to be able to play it on the big screen on a comfy sofa.

Surely holding a couple of PC patches back would boost the ps4 numbers amassively, as I it's obvious there's a very large amount of people wanting to do this.

I know people may not like the example, but look at DCUO. They updated PC and ps3/Ps4 together - it has a massive player base and has been so successful on consoles, that 70% of players are from consoles, yet they don't even have cross platform.

With Warframe able to cross platform, I could only imagine how big the in game player base would be if they kept them in sync.

I have absolutely 100% quit playing the game and buying platinum till the pc and ps4 versions are in sync so i can get my account over to the ps4 and previous to my getting a ps4 i used to play over 72 hours a week. yes i know i have no life and it used to be worth it afterall i WAS playing a good game.  

Alright guys, this thread has already produced all that it can. DE has stated that making sure that the builds are in sync is a top priority for them right now, but unforeseen circumstances have prevented that from happening. It's obvious that they want this to happen, so no amount of sarcasm and/or cynicism is going to help anybody.